Blog Post GM EVENT: SNEAK A PEEK & GET FREE STUFF!

The event hasn't quite started and there is so much lag on all four servers. Any possibility of opening up more servers for the event? Even got booted off before it even started.

I am very disappointed. None of the weapons codes work and lag is horrible. And everyone keeps getting booted. And the invasion hasn't even started. They should have had this opened to all servers so the lag wouldn't have been so bad. I thought the new set up with servers was suppose to be able to handle more people. I am not trying to be negative just very disappointed. And fps goes any where from 1.6 up to 27. No where near where it normally is.

I am very disappointed. None of the weapons codes work and lag is horrible. And everyone keeps getting booted. And the invasion hasn't even started. They should have had this opened to all servers so the lag wouldn't have been so bad. I thought the new set up with servers was suppose to be able to handle more people. I am not trying to be negative just very disappointed.
Same here. Last time I got booted I was unable to get back in. I can't see myself bothering with another special event if they are going to be like this.

If you're going to hand out free stuff, that's awesome, but there clearly must be a better way of doing this.

The way this event was done...
1: You must be present at the GM event
2: You must be randomly selected to receive the codes
3: You must remember 1/7 eight-digit codes and enter it in before someone else. If it doesn't work, you can try to enter another, but chances are the codes have already been scrolled out of view in the chat window.

It's this 3rd item that is so frustrating, and it makes no sense. Why make it near impossible to benefit from a GM event?

It would be much simpler...
1: Randomly select a few players present at the event
2: To each of those few players, send them 1 code, exclusive to that player only.

That's all there is to it. Keep it simple.

I was told by one person I shouldn't say I was disappointed. So if I am wrong for that I apologize. But I tried 9 different codes and got nothing. With the lag just putting in the codes took a long time. I said before I don't want it to appear like I am just complaining but it isn't working right. I truly believe 4 servers wasn't enough for how many people showed up. And yes I know this is beta.

If you're going to hand out free stuff, that's awesome, but there clearly must be a better way of doing this.

The way this event was done...
1: You must be present at the GM event
2: You must be randomly selected to receive the codes
3: You must remember 1/7 eight-digit codes and enter it in before someone else. If it doesn't work, you can try to enter another, but chances are the codes have already been scrolled out of view in the chat window.

It's this 3rd item that is so frustrating, and it makes no sense. Why make it near impossible to benefit from a GM event?

It would be much simpler...
1: Randomly select a few players present at the event
2: To each of those few players, send them 1 code, exclusive to that player only.

That's all there is to it. Keep it simple.
Or hand out codes that can be used by everyone that sees them. Maybe fewer codes but usable by all. Lag was so bad they were out of view by the time you could try to use them and scrolling to get the code was almost impossible because of the lag.

Or hand out codes that can be used by everyone that sees them. Maybe fewer codes but usable by all. Lag was so bad they were out of view by the time you could try to use them and scrolling to get the code was almost impossible because of the lag.
I just saw some codes put on the chat in yellow from a GM, but none of them worked, and I tried right away.
Only one global so far and that was ZOMBIE.
Also, codes are exact, correct?

I tried 9 different codes. I may be old and slow but you would think I would have gotten one. Just think there may be a better way to do it with so much lag in invasions.

I myself have around a 150 wpm, I don't believe the codes worked simply because so many people were entering them in so quickly. May have caused overload. I didn't get any but the ZOMBIE code.

After the first invasion, the other invasions ran better. Still some lag and disconnecting but not at the level it was with the first. I participated in all of them as the admin said they are taking the logs and seeing what they can do to correct the problems even more. Appreciate their hard work.

Back