Question GoPro camera help

Cheese

Pirate Lord
So I wanted to buy a GoPro Hero 5 camera, but my question is, does it make sense buying the camera, recordt videos in 4k and edit them on a 1080p monitor?
Kinda stupid question maybe, but what would someone who knows something about cameras suggest me?

Rendering 4k footage in 4k will output a 4k finalized product. Your monitor's resolution =/= the resolution your video will be rendered in. Be advised that rendering in 4k is pretty taxing on your system as well.

Fullscreen 4k footage on a 1080p monitor won't look any larger than fullscreen 1080p content (due to resolution constraints). You might notice a bit more visual clarity/sharpness, but that's about it. In order to harness the full potential of 4k footage, you'd need a 4k capable monitor.

Rendering 4k footage in 4k will output a 4k finalized product. Your monitor's resolution =/= the resolution your video will be rendered in. Be advised that rendering in 4k is pretty taxing on your system as well.

Fullscreen 4k footage on a 1080p monitor won't look any larger than fullscreen 1080p content (due to resolution constraints). You might notice a bit more visual clarity/sharpness, but that's about it. In order to harness the full potential of 4k footage, you'd need a 4k capable monitor.
tnx :)

Back