Guild tattoos

Tiame

Honorable Pirate
Would be cool to be able to choose a combination of ....say three(or more)....design elements at the tattoo places to create a guild tattoo(I guess by the guildmaster).... for a price and then pay higher to register it(?) so it can't be used by anyone but that guilds members. YES, this is so super-futuristic ....fix all the other stuff first....just wanted to get it out there(someone had the guild logo idea which is also cool, but more programming intensive than images, and unless from standard drop downs,,,would have to be monitored like names.)

You're right, it was mentioned in my guild overhaul thread. I didn't specify how they would be made, though. Having unique guild emblems and tattoos would definitely be a welcome addition to the game.

To minimize programming efforts, tutorials could be made or GMs can request assistance from texture artists if possible. Guilds could create their emblems (either by hand or digitally), scan them, then email them to the team. But even then, this would take a lot of the team's time and is simply infeasible since not only is fulfilling each and every guilds request is impossible but the team's personal time has to be taken into account.

Creating an emblem maker like the one present in the Battlefield franchise (image linked below) would be difficult and also limiting when it comes to creating emblems, too. Upon creating an emblem (assuming the devs were able to create an emblem maker which is no small feat), devs have to figure out a way to convert each emblem into a game-supported format and import it into the game after it has been moderated. This will clearly need a lot of moderation and might consume considerable processing power when it comes to servers (not completely sure about the latter though). Since the emblem maker will most likely consist of a variety of shapes and objects, it will be challenging to create the emblem you have in mind. (that's if you were able to make it using the shapes in the first place!)

All the methods seem to be problematic and I'm not sure if there's another way to go about this. It would be nice to see more suggestions on how to implement it. It was previously taken into account by a staff-member on a thread of mine, so I hope the team concocts some plan regarding guild tattoos soon.

(random photo found online)
Example of Battlefield emblem maker:

2553398-bf4gb.jpg

Back