Gun damage doesn't register

Sparten4ever92

Sea Legs
For some reason, it seems like half the time I shoot a skeleton or whatever, they just shrug off the damage. It's bad enough seeing the blunderbuss pellets flying through the enemy being labelled as a 'miss' but seeing the damage number and not actually having the damage dealt is even worse.

For some reason, it seems like half the time I shoot a skeleton or whatever, they just shrug off the damage. It's bad enough seeing the blunderbuss pellets flying through the enemy being labelled as a 'miss' but seeing the damage number and not actually having the damage dealt is even worse.

@Sparten4ever92,

Gun accuracy starts at 75% when you first get your gun from Barbossa, so likely what is happening is your Sharpshooter skill is likely not maxed out, meaning that what is happening is likely that the gun is missing, but the damage values will occasionally show. This also happens occasionally with Critical Strike damage being shown as standard damage, though when monitoring the enemy's health obviously presents otherwise.

The only other thing I can think of is if you are using a Blunderbuss with a weapon attack or break attack skill. If you use a break or weapon attack prior to shooting your blunderbuss, the next shot will not count unless you force a reload first. This is a bit of a bug with how Break Attacks work currently.

Hope this helps,
Misha

Back