Workaround Having more than two "Burried Tresure Chest" quests renders digging useless.

Gunpowder Greg

Swashbuckler
When I was doing side quests for unique tattoos and jewelry, I noticed that I couldn't dig any buried chests (I can dig, but it ends up saying "No quest items have been found." anywhere.) and complete any quests involving doing so. The reason why it happened was because I had two quests both involving digging in specific areas (i.e 'Family Belongings' where you need to dig in Cangrejos, Rumrunners, and Tortuga, and 'Helping Perla Alodia', where you need to dig in Padres for a sack of rubies.).
When dropping the 'Family Belongings' quest and returning to Padres del Fuego, I dug at a dig spot again and finally dug up the rubies needed for 'Helping Perla Alodia'.

I hope they can fix that quest glitch soon...

When I was doing side quests for unique tattoos and jewelry, I noticed that I couldn't dig any buried chests (I can dig, but it ends up saying "No quest items have been found." anywhere.) and complete any quests involving doing so. The reason why it happened was because I had two quests both involving digging in specific areas (i.e 'Family Belongings' where you need to dig in Cangrejos, Rumrunners, and Tortuga
Did you try 5 different dig spots at Cangrejos, Rumrunners and Tortuga? Digging twice or multiple times at the same spot will give you the 'No quest items have been found' message. I finished this quest not so long ago and I had to use 5 different spots at each island in order to finish the quest and I did so without any issues.

latest

Isla Cangrejos
5d6ed66649627da7568ae7ed7f476aa6.png

Rumrunner
205b6c170b291b6e2ee39c703362474c.png

I probably should've been more specific. I did say that I had two quests involving digging a buried treasure chest, thus making the game confused and screwed up the dig spots, resulting in nothing being found.
I've been digging in Tortuga, Cangrejos, Rumrunners, AND Padres del Fuego and I couldn't find a single quest item anywhere I dug, up until I dropped "Family Belongings", then the dig spots were fixed so I could dig up the rubies I needed for my other quest I said I had.

Digging is nothing like looking in barrels and crates like other quests, you can dig in one spot, dig another area, then return to the same dig spot you were at last time and find another quest item.

this had reoccurred on 3 of 6 pirates with 1 or up to 4 dig missions active at random and takes a day up to 35 days and still counting in 1 case to clear. suggested work around other then simply dropping the missions do not constantly work tried them all, multiple digs every day on the 1 still stuck , re install ,er load has 0 effect. but as above i dropped family belongings on 2 of the 3 and both had no other issues complete 2 open digs so perhaps this one triggers the bug more often? something to look into its a very annoying bug when it happens and i continue to meet players that also are having the issue and become frustrated by it. the other 3 pirates did same missions but never had a issue, prior to a update in may the date exactly i cant remember all 3 that had this problem occur.

Back