hey, you. Devs. Aye, you and all others into MMORPGs. consider this...

This is interesting for me as someone currently considering game development, but from a TLOPO player standpoint, I see much of this progression system already implemented. I suppose the enemies could use a bit more depth than a few people around the islands telling you "they're bad so go kill 3 of them." I think as a beginner it was most intriguing to recover the arrest warrants, it really made it feel much more immersive, like the game had a further backstory than just the films. It would have been nice if there were cutscenes with more Navy/EITC soldiers though, or at the very least that the enemies got some new lines. It really feels like grinding after awhile when the enemies are reduced to mere containers of game xp waiting to be cracked open.

once ppl maxed out on xp and skill xp, it seemed they were just farming for rare drops. i think what adds more to my game experience is the trait trees and becoming involved in certain factions and trade guilds. what been 'boring' is not increasing the players personal exp potential with each major upgrade.

IF the devs for tlopo are able to do it, it would be interesting if they could duplicate the spanish/french faction sys for pirate/pivateer (and create a sub group if they allied with the king's navy, the black gaurd, or the hunters)/cursed pirate in legion with davy jones or roger. and based on what quests you end up succeeding in, your loyalties sway from one faction to the other. anything to buy time from one story update to the next.

this really doesn't follow suit with the previous vids
but
it does go into the mind of game development and how games can be a reflection of their makers.

this is a very long video/game/playthru/experience.
** There IS cursing **
not heavy laden but, aye, some words are dropped.

.. enjoy ..

Last edited:
Back