Hi, I'm Sparky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky Wonderwolf

Site Founder
I don't think I've ever got around to doing this. I guess a ton got in the way. Before you question why this thread is here do bear with me as I write this out.

A while ago you may have noticed that I wasn't quite the nicest person around as a staff member. I don't quite to this day understand how I merit in any way the tag of Site Founder at all because of my actions. I want to take this moment to tell you from my cleared mind and look back and perspective my story of what happened.

For quite some time back in August - September I was quite obviously involved with an individual the community now widely knows as Deleted member 4172. My involvement had originally been intended long before then to be that of a nature as someone who merely acted in a way as mediator and adviser from the community to him for the sake of the community. (By now I imagine half the staff is laughing as they fall out of their seats but bear with me) Little did I realize that it wasn't quite as simple as I'd thought.

I sort of knew this at the time too but I was quick to disregard it. In fact I quickly disregarded various things and let the dark side cloud my judgment (excuse the Star Wars reference and pun?). I at the time was also going through things and entangled myself with real life darkness and Deleted member 4172 and prioritized things completely out of order. I in fact also knew that the darkness from my personal life was deeply affecting my judgment as a staff member and once again quickly disregarded it because of my passion for the community and not doing the one thing everyone must do as a staff member or moderator: take care of themselves before others. I didn't do that. I allowed it to cloud judgment and skew my vision amongst bother things.

Thus it led to my actions as being much to lenient to the wrong people and much too unfavorable towards others. I stirred the cauldron of controversy without realizing it, I not only stirred but I kindled the fire beneath it. I actively rallied against others and allowed myself not only to go outside the boundaries of a staff member but the boundaries of my character.

I therefore would like to apologize. Regardless of whether it is or isn't justified and is or isn't understandable, an apology is long overdue and long past owed. My actions were without doubt inexcusable and furthermore indeed merited my removal as a staff member. The community did not deserve the disservice I did.

I will always hope that I can one day prove to at least be worthy of the title I currently have as a "Site Founder" and will even always further hope that one day I can prove myself as a responsible individual and true to who my real character was.

Hi. I'm Sparky. I'm sort of new here. As in a different person new here. I'm an individual recovering from the mistakes of my past and focused on proving myself and correcting those mistakes by being a constructive member. I love POTCO as much as many others did who played it. I love being deeply involved with the community. My hope is to help actively contribute to the community in a positive manner and constructively as well.

As someone who was never personally affected by the Deleted member 4172 debacle, I can't pretend to know what those who were went through. Seeing as you were there firsthand, there's likely nothing I could say to console you.

That said, I've known you well enough to conclude that you are a good person, and even though you did get involved with the wrong person, I see that you are truly sorry for what happened, and that's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back