Hotkeys

Alvis

Honorable Pirate
In the original POTCO game, we had hotkeys to switch between weapons. This was a pretty nifty way of switching for awhile, but now, I have a problem

Every computer I've touched the past few years already have preset commands for the Function keys. For example, F7 and F8 are the turn down/up keys for the one I'm using now. Of course, I can press Alt to to cancel that, but that would take more time than me just simply clicking the mouse. Can you let the user assign Hotkeys to make things easier? Like using the right number keys to switch between weapons instead of the function keys.

On my laptop, I changed this setting so that you have to hold FN + F_ to do the function, such as volume. This way I can just press F1 to draw my sword, etc. or FN + F1 to do the assigned function instead.

To do this, you have to go into the bios on your computer and change a setting. If you're interested in learning more you can PM me or look it up for yourself. I don't want to post it publicly because it can be a little dangerous change settings like this on your computer. Although I personally haven't had any issues with this setting change and don't find it to be harmful in any way, trying it is done at your own risk! I don't want to be responsible for someone clicking the wrong thing lol.

Back