Question How much is a ship worth?

How much is a ship worth?

• Total voters
C

Crashalot

I'm just curious as to what a pirate would pay, in hard earned greenbacks, for a maxed out warship, say a Copperhead, Skull-n-Bones, etc, in case some random pirate who isn't me, would be inclined to sell a ship or two, etc.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not soliciting orders nor am I selling any ships. But since such transactions do happen and will happen when trading comes along, I'm sorta curious is all.

Feel free to moralize, deny your true instincts, suggest a value, etc!

I wouldn’t pay a cent but if I could I would donate just because I love the project.

Last edited:
Not a single cent. Difficulty is one thing, skipping a grind is another. If I was trading for or to drop a ship from my inventory, it would likely be for a hefty chunk of gold, famed weapons or especially rare bright (or dark) clothing that I have had no luck in obtaining.

My ships are my precious, so, not for sail, pun intended, at any price. I’d love to trade you a JSB for a fifth ship slot...
OK Eric, the poll is how much you'd pay, not if you'd sell...
Some pirates can make any ship in 5 days or less (that might be me, just sayin'...), and since trading is coming, I'm trying to make a point, erm, get a feel/gauge for the market and opinions regarding the same.

Now, that JSB is sounding mighty tempting, LOL!

I wouldn’t pay a cent but if I could I would donate just because I love the project.
That's very touching indeed, but it sorta misses the point of the thread and poll.
No one working the game (the devs) needs the money.
This is about pirate/pirate transactions.
Thanks for the valuable input!

No they don't need help they're just desperate.
I'd say more lazy and creatures of convenience than desperate.
Let's face it; it's very easy for those who are financially inclined to simply pay for a full blown ship that grind for one.
Seeing as this is a game, I'm fairly sure there are several reasons one would pay for an item as opposed to grinding for it, as it is with all games.

That's very touching indeed, but it sorta misses the point of the thread and poll.
No one working the game (the devs) needs the money.
This is about pirate/pirate transactions.
Thanks for the valuable input!
I understand that, I was just saying what I’d rather do with my money if I was able to use it on this project.

I'm just curious as to what a pirate would pay, in hard earned greenbacks, for a maxed out warship, say a Copperhead, Skull-n-Bones, etc, in case some random pirate who isn't me, would be inclined to sell a ship or two, etc.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not soliciting orders nor am I selling any ships. But since such transactions do happen and will happen when trading comes along, I'm sorta curious is all.

Feel free to moralize, deny your true instincts, suggest a value, etc!
Not sure if you mean real world dollars or game greenbacks (gold).
If real world, nothing, zero. It's a beta game.
If game gold, whatever the market and pirates will bear. Let the trade market decide. If I spent 89K gold building my ship, I'd want maybe 50% of that cost due to depreciation of goods, wear and tear on the sails and numerous corpses needing to be cleaned out of the bilge.
So based on what I'd want, I'd offer 50% of known cost to build ships in tlopo, plus any extras that might be on the ship.

i mean some IRL ships were in the hundreds of thousands (British pounds) to the whopping 50 £ million for a ship-of-the-line. this is modern-day GBP, of course. i think back then it was like 70k £ or something for a SOTL. so if someone were to buy my ship for real money i would expect the full 600k £.

in all seriousness, i would offer probably charge like 50-75% the ship's base gold cost + 50% of the upgrade cost + 25% of the cost to customise sails. i guess i would try to offer just enough to make it profitable but still appealing to buy.

Not sure if you mean real world dollars or game greenbacks (gold).
If real world, nothing, zero. It's a beta game.
If game gold, whatever the market and pirates will bear. Let the trade market decide. If I spent 89K gold building my ship, I'd want maybe 50% of that cost due to depreciation of goods, wear and tear on the sails and numerous corpses needing to be cleaned out of the bilge.
So based on what I'd want, I'd offer 50% of known cost to build ships in tlopo, plus any extras that might be on the ship.
Now you know I'm talking hard earned greenbacks, as in real world dollars.
Let's face it, there are folk already out there paying for a fully leveled pirate, beta and all.
So I'm just looking ahead is all.
I have it on good authority that a maxed pirate with 3 maxed warships is worth $100 currently, as far as the discord flies anyway.
Now, I never saw the actual transaction, but it's not unheard of by any stretch.

Back