Guide How to perform a Loot Run

Ataelos

Pirate Apprentice
Prior Knowledge: A loot run is when you try to fill your cargo space with Loot Skull Chests and Royal Chests. A perfect loot run would be 100% loot skull chests, but most people don't have the time, so they just fill up with Royal Chests and Loot Skulls if they happen to get any. DO NOT TAG OR GET TAGGED BY A HUNTER OR WARSHIP (having a War sloop makes this much easier to do).

Prerequisites:

• Have any ship, but preferably a War Sloop.
  • Make sure your crew isn't random players, because most people just want mat runs and will mess you up.
  • Once your crew is made (fill an entire broadside), make sure public is disabled.
  • Have a lot of time cleared before performing this run.
  • Never hit or get hit by a warship or hunter, or else if someone else sinks it you will get the ship materials
  • Try to remain in a relatively empty server so other ships don't mess up your run.

First, you are going to want to head behind and to the left of Padres Del Fuego where you will want to go for the following ships: [E.I.T.C] Juggernaut, [E.I.T.C] Corsair, [Any Skeleton Ship lvl 29+], and [E.I.T.C] Barracuda. (Also make sure that you sink the Corsairs first because if they get close to you then they will do severe damage with their explosive broadsides.
Secondly, you are going to need to have a good driver because you are going to have to completely avoid the hunters and warships that will be following you, while also still going for the good loot ships I mentioned. By the way, I wouldn't recommend sinking alternative ships besides the ones I mentioned because they are less likely to drop loot skulls and more likely to drop ship materials.
Thirdly, you may come across some important decisions while your loot is filling up. For instance, you might get unlucky and get ship materials from the ships you are sinking, and you don't want it to take up your royal chest space. You can either wing it and keep trying for skulls, or just port (assuming you are full). Either choice is acceptable, so just base it off of how much time you are willing to spend.

Summary: Loot Skull chests drop more frequently from the ships that I mentioned under First, so try to only aim for those since ships are able to drop ship materials (which isn't what you want). Royal Chests are the next best thing to Loot Skull chests, and sometimes it is better to play it safe and port with Royal Chests rather than get materials.

Final Tip: If another player tries to sink your hunters and warships that are following you, run away from them (again, a fast war sloop is perfect for this). A good place to run would be Isla Tormenta, as it has good ships near it as well.

yea, the guide is pretty nice. i do heavily prefer using a skull & bones war brig though. it's got 2 more cannonball broadside than a war frigate, and tends to one-shot almost everything out at sea.

I will say, very nice guide, but there are certain things which you don't have to do. Such as the crew part, you could easily do a loot run by yourself.

In addition to this, you may want to read through this thread (or see the quote below). You mention stuff like "don't want to lose your royals" - you actually can't lose your royals, even if you fill up on skulls/materials/whatever. I go into detail about how the current loot system works in that thread.

No chests get replaced anymore, they just get pushed off the visible list. In other words, you never lose cargo you gained. You just eventually stop gaining cargo. You only stop gaining cargo if your "visible cargo capacity" is full entirely of either skull chests, material chests, or rare material chests.

There are many good ways to tackle a successful loot run, this is definitely a nice and consistent strategy. Thank you for the tips!

In addition to this, you may want to read through this thread (or see the quote below). You mention stuff like "don't want to lose your royals" - you actually can't lose your royals, even if you fill up on skulls/materials/whatever. I go into detail about how the current loot system works in that thread.

Yeah I know about that part, but I'm pretty certain that it's a bug that will get patched. But either way, you could fill on Royals and then fill on skulls.

Back