How to Role-play.

Theres much more to role playing than you may think! It's not just about EITC noob wars, or people conquering islands/servers. Theres a whole cyber world full of things to do!
When you role play, you obviously need imagination. Start with a 'plot'. Think what your adventure is going to be about. Will it be about you discovering a hidden cave, full of doubloons and treasure? You challenging a whole navy fort? This is where your good buddies the dashes come in (-). The dashes are familiar to all of us. Now, what you need to do to make an awesome role play is to describe with words. Example: -reaches over to hard wood table, picking up dirty rum bottle and takes a small drink -. You can use words to make your role play more life like, but remember to NOT GO TO FAR!!
If you go to far, problems happen. you make enemies, in a simple harmless role play! That's why those eitc role players fight, and are hated by most of us. You can't just go up and say ' i'm the english king, all bow before me!' No, that's just asking for trouble mate. You should at least start out... small!
First you should practice. Try walking into a tavern and saying -walks in with an arrogant strut, looking for trouble- That's not the best example, believe me. But it's a start. As you go on, get more descriptive and in-depth. (Note: If you get ' hurt ' in a role play, don't be afraid to act it out. Your not gonna be thought of as some desperate person by your friends)
Another thing is the thing I hate most : Dodge. People always say - dodge - - miss - -duck - Whatever! You throw a punch at them, and they say miss no matter what. They throw a punch at you, and they expect you to say 'yah, you can dodge my punch, but I can't dodge yours'. It's just not fair. So, what you can say is -dodges too late, but attempts to throw another punch-. See, your still fighting, but everybody can get their way. It works...mostly. :) Now, remember role playing is all imagination... you can role play that you lifted a large rock, but it's not there... awkward, but with another role player, it can be fun!
Well, I hope this thread sort of helped... I'm a major role player myself. Although, if you have any tips for me to put in here, i'm more than welcome. Just please don't trashtalk me :D.
Hoped this helped!

Back