Idea Hybrid Playtime Integration

Would you like to see this as a feature integrated into the game's services?

• Total voters

Misha

Site Founder
Hey there ladies and gentlemen, Misha here with another thought regarding TLOPO Dev's most recent post about their doing away of the Playtime slots in favor of a new queue system.

If you haven't read the article on that, I'd highly suggest it prior to reading this to make more sense. Link here: https://tlopo.com/news/post/96/

So as of today, chatter within my lovely guild has stated their opinion going for and against this new system playtime. Now, while I personally do enjoy the idea of this new Queue system being introduced, this does cause one problem in which I mentioned, and I quote.
c68a5fa17931bfd995878f163beab665.png

While this idea doesn't affect the players who are generally on their own time and/or can play at varying times due to a flexible schedule or the obtaining of a Beta Key, largely group-oriented guild activities that Reds Army and likewise host at varying times are starting to look grim because of this new queue system.

(Don't get me wrong, I know this isn't an easy idea to integrate, and would likely take tons of trial and error, but it's a simple beginning to a compromise between both systems in order to flush out the flaws in either.)

The idea that we conjured up plays similarly to this.. Upon introduction to this new Hybrid system, there will be a Total of 500 slots for players online at once (as an example).

For players who don't have the flexibility in their schedule, whether it be due to difference in timezone to the EST Standard that the Playtime system currently runs on, and for bigger group events for guilds and groups of friends who like to sit down and play concurrent sessions at once, 250 of the 500 slots on that particular hour of the Playtime schedule selected will be assigned, and can be picked as they currently are. Now here's the kicker. Playtime slots from the original system that are not allotted to any player during this hour will be automatically moved to the Queue system for the hour to allow the same cap of players on the game, but to still compensate for the busying world around us. This side of the Player queue can be used for players who plan their schedules accordingly and want to be able to play at a certain time, be it requested likely hours in advance for the ever-growing population of TLOPO's Community.

The second side of the equation suits players who are just on to play with whomever is presently online in the community at the time, otherwise coming to us as this new development of the Queue system. Presently, as stated by TLOPO Developers, this system will compensate for a certain player maximum and will have have a hard cap for players that do not own a Beta Key while they play. This system does not affect Beta Key holders, still keeping Beta Keys a Top Gun in rarity to be able to play whenever you want. However, implement the side of the conversation I mentioned earlier, per hour during quieter portions of the week can be allotted to players who decide to hop on at their own will, without a need for a schedule. This number will still be hard capped at the same point in which the queue is (still not including Beta Key holders), but can still be present to allow players who've planned ahead of time to play when they've chosen.

(As this is a relatively new theory, feel free to leave constructive criticism in the replies. But please, no hate.)

MISHA BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THE GOOD IDEAS!
Seriously, this was some amazing thinking. Good on ya Misha!

that sounds awful if your not part of said guild event, or such and such, what about people who just want to play the game, why should they be prioritized behind others just because some guild wanted to hold an event at the only time they have available to play

that sounds awful if your not part of said guild event, or such and such, what about people who just want to play the game, why should they be prioritized behind others just because some guild wanted to hold an event at the only time they have available to play
As I said, again, players who want to play on their own time can still apply for the playtime slot if they only have certain times to play, otherwise they can just hop into the queue box standard! It's not taking anything away from players who aren't doing anything with a guild, it just simply makes it easier for us larger guilds to plan events and have players be able to attend them.

Reread my post, because I did cover that.

Back