Glitch I swam from Padres Del Fuego to Cutthroat Isle. It may not be what you expect.

Tereysa de las Sombras

Honorable Pirate
I cannot find a way to upload video footage here unless I put it on YouTube, which I have no desire to do, so I will put it here.

I, Tereysa de las Sombras, Spectre and Messenger of the Loremasters, swam from the shores of Las Pulgas, to Cutthroat Isle... and it was not nearly as fulfilling as you might expect.
In short, I managed to find a way to bypass any barrier or solid object except the ground upon which I can walk. That includes island border limits.
This allowed me to swim from one island to another, but nothing really happened. All I did was get very close to the very uh... rudimentary model off in the distance (which ended up being more detailed than I expected) but I could not walk on the shores of Cutthroat Isle once I reached it. Strangely, I did not see any ships on the open seas either. It is very... peculiar.
Anyway, I just did this very early in the morning and I'm swimming towards Kingshead as we speak. But this essentially confirms that swimming from one island to another has been completely removed, even with the borders taken down. Rather sad, honestly.

Sounds like you were in a glitch rather than actually swimming between islands. I remember back in the early days of POTCO having issues with game crashes whenever I was sailing or aboard a ship that got too close to Padres. As a result I'd end up having to swim to another island. Later they fixed it so you couldn't swim from island to island. The crash issue around Padres was video card related and I fixed it by replacing the video card.

Sounds like you were in a glitch rather than actually swimming between islands. I remember back in the early days of POTCO having issues with game crashes whenever I was sailing or aboard a ship that got too close to Padres. As a result I'd end up having to swim to another island. Later they fixed it so you couldn't swim from island to island. The crash issue around Padres was video card related and I fixed it by replacing the video card.
It was definitely a glitch, I just didn't expect it to let me go that far. Theoretically, you could swim from one side of the ocean to the other with it.

It was definitely a glitch, I just didn't expect it to let me go that far. Theoretically, you could swim from one side of the ocean to the other with it.
I remember doing something like that falling out of an island. I swam directly away towards the end of the world for like a half hour. I thought I wasn't getting anywhere when a strange little box like hut appeared on the horizon and I was able to get close but not enter a square little door like image. It didn't seem much bigger than a dingy. A dark colored square with a darker square where a door would normally be. And didn't move. It reminded me of the movie The Truman Show.
Who knows what lies in the bowels of the game Tlopo.

In that swimming thing in the old Potco I could swim to shore but like you said it seemed to take 20 minutes to a half hour to get there. Later and until I got the video card replaced and the issues with Padres resolved, friends would leave their pirates AFK for me during the night so i could TP to them when I was stuck out in the ocean.

Would be cool if they -would- actually allow that and make it work, but it would likely require a load screen when the other island was reached. Could be interesting, then maybe have a hidden swimming pirate only destination available...

Back