Idea for "The Legend of Pirates Online"

Good idea or nah?

• Total voters

Captain Jack Truesilver

Notorious Pirate
When I was in sixth grade, On Stranger Tides came out. That same summer, I came up with a story for a fifth movie called "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" (little did I know that four years later, a fifth movie would begin shooting, and it too would be titled "Dead Men Tell No Tales", also include ghost pirates, but that the plot would be absurdly watered down).
At any rate, just like the other four movies, the story would be based off of the ride in Disneyland - except that rather than taking elements here and there, the story was the entire ride itself. Jack Sparrow and all of the other pirates of the Caribbean were after the largest treasure trove in the Atlantic, stashed on an island called "Isla (de) Tesoro". They searched for the map, the key to the main chest, and competed against villainous ghost pirates (Captain William Kidd and his crew). The ghost pirates tormented Magistrate Carlos in order to figure out how to get to the island a different way, etc., etc. All in all, the entire plot was an expanded version of the theme park ride's story.

That said, since my version of Dead Men Tell No Tales will soon become a non-canon plot, I figured I'd share these ideas with you guys. Since the reason Pirates of the Caribbean Online existed was because of the movies, and the movies because of the ride, why not - when the game is finished - add a new update that included elements from the ride?
Ex: An island called Isla Tesoro (or Isla de Tesoro), a character on the island named Magistrate Carlos, a crew of enemies on a ship called the Wicked Wench, all that good stuff.

Sound interesting to y'all?

When I was in sixth grade, On Stranger Tides came out. That same summer, I came up with a story for a fifth movie called "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" (little did I know that four years later, a fifth movie would begin shooting, and it too would be titled "Dead Men Tell No Tales", also include ghost pirates, but that the plot would be absurdly watered down).
At any rate, just like the other four movies, the story would be based off of the ride in Disneyland - except that rather than taking elements here and there, the story was the entire ride itself. Jack Sparrow and all of the other pirates of the Caribbean were after the largest treasure trove in the Atlantic, stashed on an island called "Isla (de) Tesoro". They searched for the map, the key to the main chest, and competed against villainous ghost pirates (Captain William Kidd and his crew). The ghost pirates tormented Magistrate Carlos in order to figure out how to get to the island a different way, etc., etc. All in all, the entire plot was an expanded version of the theme park ride's story.

That said, since my version of Dead Men Tell No Tales will soon become a non-canon plot, I figured I'd share these ideas with you guys. Since the reason Pirates of the Caribbean Online existed was because of the movies, and the movies because of the ride, why not - when the game is finished - add a new update that included elements from the ride?
Ex: An island called Isla Tesoro (or Isla de Tesoro), a character on the island named Magistrate Carlos, a crew of enemies on a ship called the Wicked Wench, all that good stuff.

Sound interesting to y'all?
I doubt wed see it for a while if this happened. Not to plug for anyone else but I'd put money on POTCO MC in being Able to materialize an island within the year while TLOPO likely won't finish by the end of this year.

I doubt wed see it for a while if this happened. Not to plug for anyone else but I'd put money on POTCO MC in being Able to materialize an island within the year while TLOPO likely won't finish by the end of this year.
@Deleted member 4172

Hey I said it'd be an update in the future. I'm just throwing it out there for consideration is all.

Personally the only thing that I see as problematic in this is copyright issues. It may be a theme park ride, but it's owned by Disney and all of that...

Back