Important Update (02/06/12)

Bart Gunshot

Site Founder
As many Pirates have noted, unexpected server outages have been plaguing the Caribbean and interrupting game play recently.
We sincerely apologize for this major inconvenience.
We’ve been able to track down the cause of the server restarts and have already begun implementing a series of fixes in order to put an end to this issue, the first of which went Live last week on January 25, 2012. We’re happy to report that this first step has already made a massive reduction in server restarts, and we are moving forward confidently with the subsequent fixes for this issue.

We want your adventures in the Caribbean to always be an exceptional swashbuckling experience, and we fully realize how frustrating these interruptions are to your game play. To show our thanks for your patience while we fix these issues, we will be compensating all paid players with a full 14 day complimentary extension on their Unlimited Access accounts.

We understand this does not compensate for any loot lost due to disconnections while at sea. We are also planning a special event to allow Pirates the opportunity to regain this lost plunder. Please keep checking our Current News section on the Pirates Online website for an upcoming announcement and more details on this soon.

Additionally, we would also like to address recent issues with our Double Gold Weekend by rewarding Basic and Unlimited Pirates with this special code: bounty This one-time use code grants 2,000 gold coins when redeemed in game. You can find out how to redeem codes in game here.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize again for the inconvenience and difficulty you’ve experienced. We greatly appreciate your loyalty and concern as we get these recent issues ship-shape again.

Sincerely,
warning_36x32.gif
The Crew @ Pirates Online

http://blog.piratesonline.go.com/blog/pirates/entry/important_update

Well I am happy they finally realized something is wrong with their servers. Game was also getting very laggy(skipping ships) and showing the wrong server in the players card. I hope they are able to fix some lag with this as well since they must be connected.

As for the 14 days free unlimited, good job on their side though I would never ask more of them than fixing the game and showing good effort in the games development/progress. If they fix bugs/glitches, lag and produce good content, I would be more happy than getting 2 weeks or a months of free unlimited(or more). Nevertheless, Thank You and I hope everyone enjoys it.

A side note for Disney... I will quote Steve Jobs
"
Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life's change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.
"...
Now of course I am not talking about death but rather that last part that says it clears out the old and makes way for the new. That's what Disney needs to do with many things in the game. No mater how much they try to work on the same old things, unless they go up to a new level, its never gonna be as good as the new.

if my membership is on autopay every month, i wonder how they give a 14 day "extension"

This code Bounty is great, 2000 gold! But, would be SWEET to get an Iron code for all the dcs and lost materials. I'll start typing in iron and silk will let you know it they work lol. Canvas, probably will work.
love that new signature!

Back