Suggestion Increase Cannon Ammo Storage

Odyssey

Sea Legs
This is directed towards the Developers, but please feel free to let me know what you think.

I find that the maximum cannon ammo storage barrel available (125 for most) really is not sufficient anymore. The amount made sense when loot runs were much shorter, but with increased cargo capacity for many ships and a significant amount of time spent on mat runs (which are far longer) the maximum no longer seems viable.

Therefore, I propose that the developers and another cannon ammo storage barrel available for purchase that increases the maximum ammo to 250 for the majority of ammo types and 25 for explosive rounds. I still think cannoneers on runs will run out of ammo well before they port, but this will prevent every from having to switch to round shot after ten percent of a run is complete. If that seems high, I'm sure an argument could be made for 200. Perhaps multiple larger container sizes could be added.

Let me know your thoughts. I hope to see something this, or a version of it, eventually implemented into the game. Also, despite being a long-time POTCO player and big reader of the forums, I am new to posting on the forums, so let me know if there is somewhere better to post this.

I think this is the right section to post your suggestion x) Also, welcome to the forums officially! :p

Yes, I see a current need for this to happen. However as soon as cannon rams are working again I think this will be resolved as many cannon rams give you an unlimited amount of ammo for certain types of shots. And if we increase the ammo cap that's allowed, the 'specialness' if you will of the cannon ram's ability will be lessened a good bit.

I think this is the right section to post your suggestion x) Also, welcome to the forums officially! :p

Yes, I see a current need for this to happen. However as soon as cannon rams are working again I think this will be resolved as many cannon rams give you an unlimited amount of ammo for certain types of shots. And if we increase the ammo cap that's allowed, the 'specialness' if you will of the cannon ram's ability will be lessened a good bit.
That is true- I forgot about those rams...

I like this.
Also just as a thought maybe could consider some sort of ammo pouch that is unlockable/awarded as you lvl cannon, like x30 ammo pouch at lvl 15. x70 ammo pouch at lvl 20 and finally to make you push for maxing at lvl 30 you get x100 ammo pouch?

This is directed towards the Developers, but please feel free to let me know what you think.

I find that the maximum cannon ammo storage barrel available (125 for most) really is not sufficient anymore. The amount made sense when loot runs were much shorter, but with increased cargo capacity for many ships and a significant amount of time spent on mat runs (which are far longer) the maximum no longer seems viable.

Therefore, I propose that the developers and another cannon ammo storage barrel available for purchase that increases the maximum ammo to 250 for the majority of ammo types and 25 for explosive rounds. I still think cannoneers on runs will run out of ammo well before they port, but this will prevent every from having to switch to round shot after ten percent of a run is complete. If that seems high, I'm sure an argument could be made for 200. Perhaps multiple larger container sizes could be added.

Let me know your thoughts. I hope to see something this, or a version of it, eventually implemented into the game. Also, despite being a long-time POTCO player and big reader of the forums, I am new to posting on the forums, so let me know if there is somewhere better to post this.

Disagree, i think you know why. hm"m" , rams.

From what I heard, the Devs purposely disabled the Item slot because unlimited ammo cannon rams are overpowered, which I would agree with. Eventually everyone would be shooting fury 24/7, which would take away any real challenge that already exists. I can see that working if it were to be tweaked somehow, but if not, increasing ammo storage would be a viable option without breaking the game.

This is actually a pretty good point:

The amount made sense when loot runs were much shorter, but with increased cargo capacity for many ships and a significant amount of time spent on mat runs (which are far longer) the maximum no longer seems viable.

Though this argument is lessened due to the argument of cannon rams, the truth is not everyone is going to have every cannon ram. People worked their tails off in POTCO (and even TLOPO when CD existed) and most people never got a haunted ram, let alone a revenant ram. Many people never even got a marauders ram!

With the crazy length of sailing runs now (not just because of loot replacing but because of ships with massive cargo holds now) you really do run out of the relevant cannonball types incredibly quickly.

In reality the cannon ammo system isn't really balancing (outside SvS), it's just an annoyance. You can teleport off the ship, stock up, and then teleport on in a short amount of time, it's just annoying to do it. I'd still prefer you could restock on board with delays, but this would be a welcome change too.

I have run out of ammo on mat runs many many times. Having more ammo would just make sense especially when you consider how much you get as a reward once you dock.

Back