Suggestion Inventory Overhaul

John Darksilver

Buccaneer
Inventory Overhaul
Since the early days of POTCO, players have been troubled by the lack of inventory available to them throughout their adventures in the Caribbean; especially so when players garner more notoriety, gold, and loot as they progress. Today, this same problem continues to plague players in TLOPO, forcing us to relinquish treasured swords, guns, daggers, voodoo dolls, staffs, clothing, ships, and etc.; having to weigh the importance of items in order to make room for more.

Currently
There are currently a total of thirty-five (35) slots for the player's weapons and naval items (charms, charts, and cannon rams): four (4) only for weapons, one (1) for a naval item, and thirty (30) for storing additional weapons and naval items. Furthermore, we see there are exactly sixty-three (63) slots (not including slots for equipping items) for any type of bodily accessories: thirty-five (35) for clothing and twenty-eight (28) for jewelry and tattoos. Additionally, potions (though being of the least concern for the majority of players) has a total of forty-two (42) slots. For naval battles, a player can own a maximum of three (3) ships, less than the types of vessel that are in the game.

Proposal
Instead of allowing this lack of inventory space to persist, there should a new mechanic that should expand storage without spoiling the player all at once. Thus, the proposal is when a player reaches a certain Notoriety Level (10, 20, 30…), they receive an extra page of inventory (identical to the previous one); it should not be dependent on the category (such as the clothing and weapons getting additional pages simultaneously). Ship ownership should take a similar path as the one mentioned prior; when a player arrives at a specific Sailing level, they should gain additional “bottles” for ship storage. The hope I have for this proposal is that the developers will take this into consideration since it is logical yet malleable ambition for a future TLOPO update.

I think when you hit a certain notoriety you should become eligible for an inventory upgrade, costing a certain amount of gold, or even a quest like the teleportation totems

Similar to how the ships are stored in bottles, I'd like to think the inventory space could be tied into voodoo even though we don't need the sword of Triton to release them. So possibly an additional line of quests you receive from Tia Dalma at certain notoriety levels, possibly also requiring some sums of gold somewhere along the quest line.

I want more Garb slots :(

e308fffd97216f14b07020eb4a4cd514.png

I to want garb slots (Especially inventory slots for weapons) however it isn't a high priority for the team so all we can do is wait. I know that's hard.

Mannnn it should be a high priority, I want to collect more brights and more monthly outfits but I can't do that if I have no inv room. D:

Mannnn it should be a high priority, I want to collect more brights and more monthly outfits but I can't do that if I have no inv room. D:

Good things come in time mon amie :)

But yeah i do want to have a lot more shiny stuff in my inventory with a much bigger inventory space. That i agree on.

Hopefully ma petite amie.

My mind really wants to delete some solo outfit brights but my body says no. ;P

Back