It's all about the "PLATFORM," savvy?

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date

Can a smartphone screen or tablet immerse your (Caribbean) gaming experience?

• ~ Aye!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~ Nay!

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • ~ Depends!

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

Ahoy and avast, fellow pirates and potential scallywags! :ahoy:

In LIFE, there exists various "platforms" which possess relevance over others.
:walk the plank:

For example, there remain specific platforms that concern themselves with the purpose and sport of swim and Olympic diving...

me-jumping-into-the-water.jpg

...also, a person's (fashion) style and choice is relevant when it comes to deciding between the preference towards the wearing of various platform shoes...

PlatformShoes(1).jpg
tuk-a7380-hi-platform-skull-print-bow-blackpink-104137-0-1370539078000.jpg

gundam_platform_shoes_by_tatsutetsu-d5se7rq.jpg

...the point to be made is that POTCO is no different. *It is the MMO platform, :walk the plank:in my opinion, that made POTCO truly special as it was. Allow me to explain.

Mateys, I can think of no better (gaming) platform to have played and to have experienced POTCO than as a MMO platform. For one thing, there is a hint within POTCO's title that makes this particularly true for me; the word is "Caribbean."
:shark:

Now, I do not know about everyone else whom has played POTCO but this pirate within me (in real) is stranded to where everywhere I look, I am surrounded by an abundance of land to where no ocean of water exists. :sad1: As a modern day pirate living in 2013, well you can imagine how difficult it is to be tied down to such a place with no particular horizon to be seen (other than the one that disappears beyond the western-most edge of the local cow pasture :rolleyes:).

The point I am trying to make is that the MMO platform that was suitable for POTCO permitted me to experience the freedom I required as a pirate whom could appreciate the setting of the atmosphere of the Caribbean without having to extensively pinch my pennies for a long amount of time, make appropriate travel plans, and then book a flight to some exotic location worthy enough :bow: to where I could watch the sun set beyond the cow patties and cow dung!

In light of Disney's decision to close POTCO (along with their latest attempt to offer up the POTC brand through facebook app. games such as 'POTC - Isles of War'), the experience of immersing myself beyond the reality of what I am used to (in consideration to actually enjoying some place as exotic as the Caribbean) remains no more.:mad:

QUESTION: Does Disney or Disney Interactive feel that any social or mobile game there are willing to develop will replace such an experience for me?

isla_palominito_by_fotoshane-d3cbg62.jpg

Um, "no"...I highly doubt that (other) such gaming platforms ever will. :(

Back