Jack Sparrow Was Real

Will Nightwolf

Legendary Pirate
Site Founder
So idk if you know this but Jack Sparrow is actually based off of a pirate known as Jack Ward. The name was probably changed so they can add alternate adventures to the story instead of following his story to the decimal. Check out this comic
4324127_700b.jpg

Someone did their research and it looks like their on to something. There has been much speculation as to whether he is real or not. Although Jack Sparrow is a fictional character he is based off of a real pirate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ward

Interesting...

Here is a better pick of the skull from On Stranger Tides:
pirates_of_the_caribbean_on_stranger_tides_xlg.jpg

Looks to me that its a coin. When I zoom in, I see some markings that look like words.

When I bought the set of all DvDs, there was an additional one which explains literally everything about the first movie- including about how many of the pirates are based off of real pirates. I have always wondered about his appearance because he doesn't look like just any old English pirate. When you think of it, Jack Sparrow, his hair even, looks pretty ethnic- not just a regular something... am I making sense out loud or just in my head? Either way, great post Will!

So idk if you know this but Jack Sparrow is actually based off of a pirate known as Jack Ward. The name was probably changed so they can add alternate adventures to the story instead of following his story to the decimal. Check out this comic
View attachment 32636
Someone did their research and it looks like their on to something. There has been much speculation as to whether he is real or not. Although Jack Sparrow is a fictional character he is based off of a real pirate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ward

Interesting......:D

From the wikipedia you had provided, Will:

An English sailor who saw him in Tunis in 1608 described Ward as "very short with little hair, and that quite white, bald in front; swarthy face and beard. Speaks little and almost always swearing. Drunk from morn till night...The habits of a thorough salt. A fool and an idiot out of his trade."

Sounds like my kind of pirate :cool:

Back