James Darksilver's Revenge

Continue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jdee

Swashbuckler
So the best way to tell a story, is to tell it from the beginning, rather than start in the middle or end.

James Darksilver's Revenge, Chapter 1: Immigration

France is surrounded by rival countries. The race to colonize the New World is becoming deadly. It was winter time, cold, very cold, but the place they were going was very hot. It was the beginning of January, and the government was bribing it's people to immigrate to the New World. Specifically, the place they are going is the Caribbean. One humble family, seemly ordinary, was destined for greatness and glory. They were lumberjacks, the tamers of the forest. The family was ordinary also, with a mother named Sarah, a father named Joesph, a daughter named Mary, and a son named James. They were offered a free plot of land, a large plot of land, with a large wood on it. They were also offered free transportation. At the crack of dawn, the Darksilvers began packing their things.

"James, get everything you want to bring and make it fast!" exclaimed Sarah. "Yes, mother..," groaned James. He was ten years old and was taught to obey his parents, at all times, no matter what mood he was in. Of all of his things, he brought a small pouch to hold some gold, a water proof sack to carry some water, and a small dagger, which was for emergencies. He wore some simple wear, a stained, torn white tank top, some trousers, a pair of cheap boots made of worn leather, with a pale gray color, and a burgundy bandanna. At noon, the Darksilvers bid a final "Farewell" to their old, shabby cottage. They would not return for a long time, if not forever. They began a walk to the dock.

Eventually, they arrived at the dock. There they found a ship that was to be their transport to the Caribbean. It was a merchant ship, and Mary blurted out, "is this our ship?" "Yes, honey, it is," said Mary in a plain voice. The walked up to a crew member and he said in a fast voice, "Welcome, welcome, please walk down that flight of stairs there and find a bed. They began walking down the steps and heard many, many voices. It was filled with people, almost overcrowded. They found the last bed and laid their belongings there. It had an unpleasant smell of fish oil, moldy wood, and smelly feet. "Momma, isn't a merchant ship the kind pirates try to board?" asked Mary in a honest voice. "No, honey, those are just stories," she lied, knowing she was terrified at that thought. It would be a long trip, but they were about to set sail.

Rate, Comment and Ask for more! Chapter 2 to come soon! Maybe one everyday if you guys like this.

James Darksilver's Revenge, Chapter 2:
The Silver Cutlass
The waves of the ocean battered the merchant vessel. It was a stormy afternoon, and the trip to the Caribbean wasn't look that good. They had been sailing for five minutes, when the captain announced, "Get inside the cabin! The storm will be here any minute and you need to take cover!"​
James and the rest of the Darksilver family were on the deck. The thought of going back in there made them shiver. They headed back to their bed, and sat down.​
"Joesph, we need to do something, they are getting anxious!" whispered Sarah.​
"Who wants to.... play some cards?" he asked his children.​
"Sure, poker or blackjack?" James inquired. Mary was younger than James, and didn't care much for cards. She was content with looking at the faces of the other people on the ship, for she was just about always confined to the cottage.​
"Blackjack, Sarah, you want to play?" said Joesph. "No, I am fine, you boys go ahead, I will watch Mary over here," replied Sarah. "I'm the dealer," Joesph said as he shuffled the cards. He gave James his card, then gave himself a card, then gave James another card, then gave himself another card. What Joesph could see was that James had a queen. Under the other card, James had another queen. Joesph had an ace showing and had a five. James was rather lucky and decided to split his cards, on one he got a nine, and on another he got an ace....​
"Little cheat...... how did you know?" asked Joesph.​
"I'm just lucky," James said with a smirk.​
After a lot more rounds, Joesph had enough of it. He didn't win one bit. They had passed a good deal of time with that game, and as a matter of a fact they had played for hours. As Joesph finished putting up the deck, the captain opened the hold.​
"You may walk on the deck for a bit, the storm has let up, but we don't know for how long," announced the captain. Mary pulled Sarah on the deck as soon as she heard that. James went ahead and too a breath of air, too. His father came up behind him, with a large sack. He began digging through it, and mumbled to himself how cluttered it was. At the bottom, he was able to grab it and pull it out. Out of the sack, came out a sword, sheathed.​
"Son, it is about time I gave you this, since we are going on this journey I think you are becoming a man," Joesph said in a rather proud voice. He unsheathed the blade, and out came a shining cutlass. "This is not any ordinary cutlass, this is our family heirloom. This cutlass also isn't made out of any regular metal, it is made out of one of the rarest materials, pure silver," Joesph said. James was stunned, this sword, his? It gleamed in the remaining sunlight. He took it out of his father's hand, and rubbed his hand across it. This was the greatest thing in his entire life, at least besides his family. He gave his father a "thank you" and put it with the rest of his things.​
Night was nearing now, and the sunset was very pleasant compared to life in the hold. Finally, the sun went down, and the moon came up to take it's place. The day went by fast, and finally, the Darksilvers settled down and went to sleep.​
Chapter 3 coming soon!​

James Darksilvers Revenge, Chapter 3:
Arrival
After a many painful days of sailing, the merchant ship finally reached the Caribbean. The first person to say "Land!" would get a reward. A crew member looking in his spyglass accidentally spotted the New World. After about five minutes, the ship neared the dock. The dock looked freshly built, fresh, dark wood. The Darksilvers emerged out of the hold under the ship and were elated to see after all those days, dry land was to be found. They had survived, no pirates, no Spanish, no nothing! The ship docked, and people started flooding out. There were guards there, dressed uniformly in red coats holding iron muskets with bayonets. The Darksilvers were directed to their plot of land with a prebuilt cottage. It looked new compared to their old one. The forest on their land was grand. Joesph shot a whistle of admiration to the size of it. He had much to do.​
The Darksilvers walked into their new cottage, which was very well built. They made themselves at home. Mary asked "Momma, daddy, are we gonna go home soon?"​
"This is our home now, honey," replied Sarah in a slightly depressed voice.​
James made his way to his room, now his very own. He used to share one with his sister, but no more. His room was rather plain, with a small dresser, some hangers on the wall, and a small mirror. He put some of his spare clothes in his dresser, and put his small gold pouch on the top of it. He removed his bandanna, and sighed. Then, he put his prized silver cutlass on the wall. He would always value it.​
Life was much different, since he was a "man" now, James had to work. His father gave him a job to work as an apprentice carpenter. The master carpenter was a humble fellow, but knew what he was doing. He told James to help work on the dock, which was close to being complete. He didn't much like his new occupation, but of course he obeyed his elders. He also was exposed to some new people. He met two boys around his age, Ron and Jake. They were similar to him, they had just immigrated to the Caribbean, and felt empathy for him. They became good friends, and one day they sat talking.​
"The Navy has been annoying lately, they have increased the tax and forced our family to give them more gold," said Ron.​
"Same with me, the Navy is corrupted, they may give us protection, but is this really worth it being in their strangle hold?" asked Jake.​
"Well, if my parents are here, I guess i will be here too, regardless how the Navy is treating us," said James.​
Little did he know, things were going to change, extremely. The Navy was planning to raise the tax once more. Many things will happen, but you have to wait for Chapter 4!​

BTW I will probably not post another until tomorrow.
Ok guys, since I got three votes, and I have nothing left to do, I guess I will write another chapter.... XD
Then I may make some create earth rp thread..... lol, so bored.

James Darksilver's Revenge, Chapter 4:
The Breaking Point
James went to sleep that night, very tired. He slept soundly and was beginning to feel normal being there. He was getting used to the cottage, the town, and the people in the town. During the middle of the night, James woke up, startled. He could hear his parents talking. He decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.​
"I just don't know what we will do!" exclaimed Sarah in a low voice.​
"Don't worry, we have just enough to survive, once my job picks up, we can be fine and happy again," said Joesph.​
James pondered to himself what it possibly could be, but he decided to go to sleep before his parents caught him awake. Much later on that night, maybe around four-o'clock James woke up again, this time hearing a huge barge at the door. His parents ran to it. He decided to take a peek out his door and look at what was going on.​
"Mr. and Mrs. Darksilver?" asked the guard in a commanding voice.​
"Yes, that is us, why are you here?" inquired Sarah.​
"We are here to collect your debt," said the guard.​
"What debt? We already payed all our taxes!" exclaimed Joesph.​
"Well, sir, if you had read the letter we sent you, it clearly states the tax has been raised!" shouted the guard.​
"We have no more money, we have nothing to pay!" said Joesph. Then two more guards appeared. "Take their things, all of it!" said the guard. The guards pushed their way through the door. James heard it, every last word. He knew he would be sent to jail if he didn't leave. The guards hadn't noticed him, when he grabbed his money pouch, he took his bandanna, and he clipped his prized cutlass to his belt, then he bolted out the back door.​
"What was that?" asked one of the guards. They all immediately knew once they checked the house, that it was their son.​
"After him!" exclaimed one of the guards. By then James a had sizable lead, but he wasn't in the safe zone yet. He decided to run to Jake's house, hoping to get refuge there. He knocked on the door, and there, at the door, was Anna, Jake's mother.​
"Why are you here?" asked Anna.​
"T-the guards, t-they are taking all of our things and sending us to jail!" he exclaimed in a worried voice, "Please, let me stay with you for the rest of the night!"​
"Well, I would only do this for a friend..," said Anna.​
"T-thank you Mrs. Baker," said James. He put down some of his things, and slept on the floor for the night. In the morning, Jake greeted him.​
"Why are you here?" asked Jake.​
"The Navy scum raised the taxes, and now we didn't have enough to pay them. They were throwing us in jail!" said James.​
"Why would they do that? They sent you, along with us, here, why would they tax us and throw us in jail?" asked Jake.​
"I don't know.... I don't know....," said James. James was without anything now, except his cutlass. He felt a horrible anger building up inside of him. "Revenge is not yours to take," he hated this. He wanted revenge. Hw would get it. He knew it. His life was ruined because of the Navy, with their greed. He was going to find out who did this, and make them pay.​
Thanks For Reading, Chapter 5 coming out on Thursday, December 15, 2011!​

James Darksilver's Revenge, Chapter 5
A New Beginning
Eight years had passed. Eight long, sad, unforgiving years. James' life was still damaged from what had happened so long ago. He was eighteen now, and he was ready. All those years he had been doing odd jobs for people, saving up money. He still had his friends, Ron and Jake. They felt almost the same way as him, but it never could be exactly the same. James and his friends decided to join a crew. They started walking to the local bar. He told his friends to go sit down at a table. He walked over to the bar.​
"Want some rum?" asked the bartender.​
"No, not today, I am looking for any captains that happen to be recruiting...," he said​
"Well, today appears to be your lucky day, there are a few captains over there that are looking for some help," said the bartender. So James got his friends, and walked up to the place where the captains were. There were four. Each one was of a different nationality. One was English, another was Spanish, another was French, and the last was Portuguese.​
"Who are ye boys?" asked one of the captains.​
"I am James Darksilver, and these people be my companions, Ron and Jake," he said boldly.​
"Well, Mr. Darksilver, how may we be of service?" asked another captain.​
"We are looking to join a crew, if any of you have any room for us," said James.​
"We all be looking for more crewmen, but are ye up to the task?" asked a captain. He went up, put his hand around James' arm, and squeezed it tight. James had worked hard all those years, and he was strong, very strong.​
"Ye sure have one tough arm, I will take you," said the English captain. At once all the captains wished to have them on board their ship just to beat their rivals. James didn't think it would be hard to choose a captain since he was French, but all of them looked like good ones....​
"I will go with you," said James to the English captain. He thought that since the French had done this to him, he would return the favor. And from then on, he was now a crewman. The captain gave him some sailing clothes and put him to work. James didn't think life on a ship would be this bad...​
One day, the captain intentionally spilled something on the deck. He told James to clean it up. James was enraged, he knew the captain just wanted trouble for him, but he just went ahead and cleaned it. From then on, the captain decided he could walk all over James. Everyday, he made it harder for him, and one day, it was just enough. The captain spilled a bucket of fish oil on the deck, and he told James to clean it. James wasn't going to clean it this time.​
"Clean up that stain!" shouted the captain.​
"Clean it up yourself! It is your mess!" said James.​
"You defy me? You will walk the plank, it is too late for you!" yelled the captain.​
"I won't! I challenge you to a duel!" exclaimed James. The captain was rather shocked at this, but he accepted his challenge. All the crewmen gathered to watch the fight. They were betting on who would win, and most of the bets were on the captain to win. James still had his prized cutlass, but he decided to use a regular one.​
Finally, the duel started. James had to fight off some people, but never had dueled before. The captain took a swing, but James was too fast and jumped out of the way. Then it was James' opportunity. He made a sideways slash then he came down hard. The captain wouldn't jump out of the way, but he could parry blocks very well. Then, the captain took a swing at James' boot, and he just managed to make a small mark on it. Then he did a fancy spinning move and cut James in the face. James was weakened, but he wasn't done there. He hacked, and he slashed, then he made a strong center thrust towards the captain. The captain had never seen that move ever before, and James managed to make a deep wound. The captain was rather old, and he wasn't as fast to recover as James. Before the captain could do anything, James ran towards him with his cutlass, and drove it right through his chest. James was horrified, he knew what he just did. He just killed a man. He was the only thing holding his body up. The captains blood dripped from his chest. He was dead, forever.​
After that, the crewmen were stunned. He had just done it. He had killed the unjust, and unfair captain. James was afraid of what they would say at first, but their reaction was completely different than he would have thought. Everybody started cheering for him. "Three cheers for Captain James Darksilver!" said one crewman. James was a captain now? He then understood, he killed the captain, and now he will take the captains place. His ship was a modest small sloop, but it was a good start. He decided to rename it The Freezing Freedom. Then, he went over to the captain, and put the captain's hat on his head. The he went to the wheel. He had work to do, and he was going to get it done.​
Please Rate At the Poll at the Top, Comment on my story, and Tune in for Chapter 6! Coming soon to a post near you!​

more please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back