June 6th D-Day Remembrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcatcher

Honorable Pirate
Ahoy,
Next Thursday is June 6th, otherwise known as D-Day, for that bloody day in 1944. It was a day too many people gave their lives so that we could remain free to live ours. I know this is short notice, but we are planning a Remembrance Event on next Thursday in the early evening. It will be very low key. We are planning to visit every island for a moment of silence to honor those who gave everything for their country. I would like to play Taps for them, but Krista said no, in a way that was sickeningly sweet, and threatening at the same time. I suspect she is really Roseanne Barr, I don't have proof yet though. We are thinking about 6 or 7pm eastern time, and it will probably last about an hour. All I ask is nothing be killed on our stops, out of respect for who we are honoring. Again, I know it's short notice, and times may not work for people, but if anyone would care to attend, you are more than welcome. I think a banner will be posted with more info over week end. This Event is not affiliated with any group, it is just people that wish to show respect to our family and friends that have served and died. If you can not attend, please still take a moment to stop Thursday and observe a moment of silence, wherever you may be.

Thank you for your time and fair winds,

---Dreamcatcher

800x600-Memorial_Event_Salute_to_the_Fallen.png

594x488-Sailing_Route.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back