Request Lets bring this back into the game.

Capitan Eli Davies

Honorable Pirate
latest

Lets bring back the fire, smoke, and sinking effects that the game used to have. The ones now are frankly very lame and boring. I remember the old ones where if you got damaged your ship showed fire and had smoke trails coming from. I remember it was always so satisifying to come into port with a full cargo load and just look at the damage to you ship. There also was an animation when you ship sunk of you swimming away with the ship going down in the back ground. Flag ships after you boarded and deafened the crew had an animation of gunpowder blowing up within them before they went down to make it look like you captured the ship, looted it, and then scuttled it. Those animations brought a lot of enjoyment and epicness to sailing and sea combat. Now its just really kinda boring. Anyway hope these would not be to hard to implement. Hopefully there is some old versions of those animations hidden away some where in the game files.

Also for some reason my mind keeps on telling me that there were holes that appeared in sails when you shot at them, is that correct?
If so, I'd love to see that return alongside the elements you mentioned.

Also for some reason my mind keeps on telling me that there were holes that appeared in sails when you shot at them, is that correct?
If so, I'd love to see that return alongside the elements you mentioned.
169mc5i.jpg

Sail holes were indeed a feature! One of the many things that got removed when POTCO seriously reduced graphics & graphical features due to lag complaints. Maybe one day we'll see them return...

169mc5i.jpg

Sail holes were indeed a feature! One of the many things that got removed when POTCO seriously reduced graphics & graphical features due to lag complaints. Maybe one day we'll see them return...
Thanks for reminding me of it! The picture you linked triggered the "sail-tearing" sound effect you'd hear when shooting these sails in my mind.

Another nice thing to add back is the sources, I havnt seen anything about why they were taken out or when they will go back but some how I have 9 pieces of Iron lol.

Back