Suggestion Loot Container Drop Notifications

Hartley

Swashbuckler
I think it would be beneficial especially for those like myself who play without sound to get a notification of which type of loot we got for killing an enemy on land (Pouch, chest, skull chest). This would make it easier to tell if skull chests or loot chests are stacked on top of each other, and reduce having to click through 7 different skull chests every 30 seconds at a popular server twins group for example.

I think it would be beneficial especially for those like myself who play without sound to get a notification of which type of loot we got for killing an enemy on land (Pouch, chest, skull chest). This would make it easier to tell if skull chests or loot chests are stacked on top of each other, and reduce having to click through 7 different skull chests every 30 seconds at a popular server twins group for example.
How about my idea of containers having their own sparkle color? I agree completely that the containers need some sort of ID.

I don't know how hard the idea would be to implement, but what about loot-all options? Click one loot container and it grabs and shows ALL the loot you currently have in pouches/chests on the ground (within say.... voodoo casting range)?

I don't know how hard the idea would be to implement, but what about loot-all options? Click one loot container and it grabs and shows ALL the loot you currently have in pouches/chests on the ground (within say.... voodoo casting range)?
And then what?

And then what?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by then what... it would show you the normal loot window, and you can pick and choose or loot all as normal, it just spares having to run around an area or having to worry about containers dropped on top of each other.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by then what... it would show you the normal loot window, and you can pick and choose or loot all as normal, it just spares having to run around an area or having to worry about containers dropped on top of each other.
I was thinking of the ramifications of potentially 4 or more containers opening with 4 to 5 items each, that's like looking at 20 items all within seconds if we are assuming boss fights. Loot all would be good though. Basically, looting blind.
Deal is, even when you instantly take all, the container still doesn't disappear. I have no idea of the mechanics involved in opening, viewing and sorting containers is and why some don't go away. Even the ring remains a majority of the time.
Colored sparkles would at least give you some idea whats sitting there without having to waste time doing anything. If you see all three colors, that tells you a skull is out there too.

I would like the notifications to be similar to how pvp (X person has been defeated by Y person) was prior to being changed recently, showing a pop up above the chat window each time loot drops. We get them for coin and collectible drops, we should get them for loot containers too.

I like the discard all option. When looting at a boss where containers are piling up, its a pain if you want to get rid of a loot container to focus on current ones by taking all the loot, even if you don't want it. Would it be much trouble to maybe add a checkbox in a loot container that you would check, along with a trash can or something, indicating that you want to discard all loot rather then moving it to your inventory?

A thought on the discard all option: What if there was a check box in options where you could select to "replace" loot - similar to how, when you're sailing, the cargo keeps replacing itself with higher level cargo as you go, what if it would then automatically destroy the lowest gold-value item in your weapons inventory and replace it with the higher value item you just looted, and if, in the case you get something to drop that's lower value than everything in your inventory, it's destroyed right away? But just for page one of inventory. Anything in page 2 is considered exempt, and always kept, regardless of value.

I feel like that's a good neutral ground. Personally I'd still like to get stuff to sell (i'm not at gold cap nor have I ever been there) but i'd like something like this since thats basically what i find myself doing manually as I loot. This way it would be automatically handled.

Back