Idea Loot it once, Get it again whenever.

I had posted this idea as part of the trading discussion but think it deserved its own post.

Some items have this already now, though mostly quest related items.
Some variable that marks an item from the loot table as found for each pirate upon it being added to one's inventory.

Once the variable found has been marked true for that particular pirate (update timetable up to devs), they can remove the item from their inventory.
They can then repurchase the item from appropriate vendors in the world for a sizable price (not the resale price on the item card)
  • Grenades, Pistols, Cannon Rams, etc from Gunsmiths.
  • Swords and Knives from Blacksmiths.
  • Dolls and Staffs from Gypsies.
  • Clothing from Tailors.
  • You get the idea.
Apply this idea to promotional redeem code items as well. Redeem the code once and be able to get the item again at an appropriate vendor again should you choose. Only reason I never tossed some of my redeemed items.

This will allow people to complete collections such as sets of bright clothing and weapons, and end the argument with yourself every time you loot something new you want to keep but also want to keep everything you already have. Sometimes this results in the loss of the new item as the loot chest is only around so long.

Such is a common battle when I loot as I find something I like, but have to toss something else I like to keep it.
(ex1: do I really want to keep Assassins throwing knives? Or do I want this random famed cursed blade?)
(ex2: do I want this gold accented vest or do I want to keep my dark black silk vest?)
With the above, I would not have to worry about tossing clothing/weapons as if desired I can re-obtain them and have a purpose for gold other than just upgrading my ship.

Notable exceptions I would place on the above:
  • Legendary Items. why would you throw those out unless it was a repeat?
  • Limited Time Offers like the clothing Peddlers
The reason more inventory per pirate is requested is due to the described inner turmoil when looting. With this proposal, that fight can end.

I hope this proposal is of interest to somebody.

Last edited:
i agree on everything except:
redeem codes, i think they should have their own vendor
inventory size, i think it should still be increased just for quality of life

side note: i have a tree branch that does literally 0 damage, and i dont want to throw it away because i can't get it back

side note: i have a tree branch that does literally 0 damage, and i dont want to throw it away because i can't get it back

I keep the same stick around as well as the skeleton arm for the occasional joke.

As for a redeem vendor, yes i would agree which was up for interpretation when i stated "appropriate vendor"

Adding another page of inventory to each pirate increases the resources of the game per pirate significantly from what ive been told. IDK if this method would have as significant a result but i wonder if it can be done efficiently.

Back