Idea Lootable Jewelry and Tattoos

How does the idea of new lootable tattoos and jewelry sound?

• Sounds pretty good.

• Eh, impartial.

• Not a big fan.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sheep

Pirate
So it hit me a short while ago while looting that not much has changed with the jewelry and tattoos of TLOPO. There've been a few tweaks and additions here and there but nothing really substantial or overly unique. It crossed my mind that perhaps it would be a fun addition to have new jewelry and tattoos lootable from enemies in the game. This could either take the place of clothing, collectibles, or just be a new slot in loot altogether. Jewelry is fairly self explanatory, things could be a Diamond Earring or a Rose Gold Ring. Along with this, I think something like bracelets or wristwatches would be a cool addition, giving players an extra little bit of style to show of their loot.
The tattoo idea is a little out there, as Bort Greasegorb pointed out it wouldn't make sense to loot a tattoo (like a scrap of skin off some dead guy...?), so perhaps you could find new tattoo templates or patterns in loot, and then take these to a parlor to have them redeemed for the new tattoo.
This would also open new opportunities for community designed tattoos and jewelry. There could even be another contest similar to the one held a while back when new sail designs and colors were added, based on the designs created and submitted by various community members. I understand a lot of this seems "extra" but it was just a passing thought I had that sounded like it might be worth suggesting. Would love to hear what others have to say.

That guy who pointed out the problem with lootable tattoos seems like a smart fellow. Anyway, I feel like this would make sense since real pirates didn't actively loot for bright clothes; they were after jewels. I feel like they should also have high sale prices just in case jewelry isn't too visible to other pirates when you're wearing at and of course to make it more realistic.

So it hit me a short while ago while looting that not much has changed with the jewelry and tattoos of TLOPO. There've been a few tweaks and additions here and there but nothing really substantial or overly unique. It crossed my mind that perhaps it would be a fun addition to have new jewelry and tattoos lootable from enemies in the game. This could either take the place of clothing, collectibles, or just be a new slot in loot altogether. Jewelry is fairly self explanatory, things could be a Diamond Earring or a Rose Gold Ring. Along with this, I think something like bracelets or wristwatches would be a cool addition, giving players an extra little bit of style to show of their loot.
The tattoo idea is a little out there, as Bort Greasegorb pointed out it wouldn't make sense to loot a tattoo (like a scrap of skin off some dead guy...?), so perhaps you could find new tattoo templates or patterns in loot, and then take these to a parlor to have them redeemed for the new tattoo.
This would also open new opportunities for community designed tattoos and jewelry. There could even be another contest similar to the one held a while back when new sail designs and colors were added, based on the designs created and submitted by various community members. I understand a lot of this seems "extra" but it was just a passing thought I had that sounded like it might be worth suggesting. Would love to hear what others have to say.
I think scalping a tattoo off a dead enemy is a perfectly proper thing for a pirate to do . Quite common to wack a digit off to get the ring. You don't have to be graphic about it, just a swipe or two with a dagger. Done - removed.

I think scalping a tattoo off a dead enemy is a perfectly proper thing for a pirate to do . Quite common to wack a digit off to get the ring. You don't have to be graphic about it, just a swipe or two with a dagger. Done - removed.
But then you'd have to graft the skin onto your own. I don't even know if the technology to perform that was even around in the 1700's.

But then you'd have to graft the skin onto your own. I don't even know if the technology to perform that was even around in the 1700's.
What do you think gypsies and magical potions are. Certainly we should get a skin grafting potion to make. Whatshername on Cuba can do it for gold.
Just go to her on Cuba, give her some gold and new chicken bones and before you can switch eye patches, boom.
If we can get or make potions to belch or puke, surely we can get a recipe to heal skin. Probably would have to get the juice of an undead or something. Couple of toe bones, pinkie finger of a navy officer.
Maybe the ear of a eitc. Simple, 10 minutes of looting.

I could take it or leave it. I would probably sell most of it, though, because I hardly wear the jewelry, and you can;t see half the tattoos for women anyway lol

Back