Glitch [MEGALIST] List of Remaining Major Bugs

Yulia

Pirate Master
  • Voodoo Doll enemies who are able to use Life Drain, if they use Life Drain a few seconds after they die, they will always crash everyone around them. If its used immediately after they die, this does not happen. Only if they are dead for more then 1 second and decide to use it.

• While ingame, if you try to change servers, you will teleport to change servers, when the screen loads and you double check which server you are in you will find out you never changed servers. (This happens 50% of the time)

• SvS works entirely fine except for one tiny little thing: You can't tell where other player ships are at 99% of the time. You will see their ship, get close to it, and turns out they were never really there, the refresh rate of what a enemy player's ship is doing, where its at, and what angle is at hardly ever updates.
  • When sailing, you cannot see enemy ships or player ships until you are right up close to them. This makes it harder to find anyone or anything and makes the ocean look "empty"
  • If someone reaches 4 bones bounty rank when sailing, or 4 bones with Hat bounty status, half the time the Warship or Bounty Hunter will not come because their spawn is either jammed or "too many are already spawned"
  • Large amount of weapon skills, and passive skills do not work, the list of ones that do not work is very large and I'm sure they are aware of all of them so no need to get into it.
  • Cannon defense does not work at all. It is currently fully non-functioning. Nothing takes damage.
  • Skipping tutorial renders the created pirate useless as they have no quests and are stuck on Port Royal due to no compass.
  • Leaving crews. Forming a new crew once you tried and failed to leave a crew. Changing servers while in a crew, Everything crew related is fully broken and causes a lot of problems.
  • You are able to teleport to the same server/district/ocean even if you are already in it.
  • Clicking on pirates to see their playercard is very incosistent. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. And sometimes it works too well because you can't click while in combat without pulling them up.
  • Sailing for any considerable time in a populated server will lead your game to freeze and then crash.
  • Sometimes when players crash while doing a repair minigame, the minigame gets locked and then no one can repair anymore because it can't be finished.
  • Going to see Barbossa in Barbossa's Grotto to unlock your pistol will crash your game when you are given the pistol if all of your weapon bar is already full (Tries to insert a weapon into your weapon slot thats already occupied) As far as I have seen there is no solution to fix it I still can't get my pistol.
    Exception occurred while processing Func-equipPistol-5350 of Sequence-4282:
    Sequence-4282:
    0.000 Sequence-4282 {
    0.000 *Func-hideChestTray-5347
    0.000 Sequence-4280 {
    0.000 *Func-unstash-5348
    0.000 }
    0.000 *Func-setChatAbsolute-5349
    0.000 *Func-equipPistol-5350
    0.000 Sequence-4281 {
    0.000 *Func-off-5351
    0.000 }
    0.000 *Func-request-5352
    0.000 *Func-setHBounds-5353
    0.000 *Func-setIgnoreAllKeys-5354
    0.000 *Func-setIgnoreMainMenuHotKey-5355
    0.000 *Func-accept-5356
    0.000 }

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "direct.showbase.ShowBase", line 1653, in __ivalLoop
    File "direct.interval.IntervalManager", line 96, in step
    File "direct.interval.IntervalManager", line 119, in __doPythonCallbacks
    File "direct.interval.MetaInterval", line 518, in privPostEvent
    File "direct.interval.MetaInterval", line 494, in __doPythonCallbacks
    File "direct.interval.Interval", line 207, in privDoEvent
    File "direct.interval.FunctionInterval", line 88, in privInstant
    File "pirates.quest.QuestParser", line 1708, in equipPistol
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pistolSlotId' referenced before assignment
    :06-20-2017 15:06:57 :task(error): Exception occurred in PythonTask ivalLoop
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "direct.distributed.ConnectionRepository", line 615, in readerPollUntilEmpty
    File "direct.distributed.ConnectionRepository", line 620, in readerPollOnce
    File "direct.showbase.ShowBase", line 1653, in __ivalLoop
    File "direct.interval.IntervalManager", line 96, in step
    File "direct.interval.IntervalManager", line 119, in __doPythonCallbacks
    File "direct.interval.MetaInterval", line 518, in privPostEvent
    File "direct.interval.MetaInterval", line 494, in __doPythonCallbacks
    File "direct.interval.Interval", line 207, in privDoEvent
    File "direct.interval.FunctionInterval", line 88, in privInstant
    File "pirates.quest.QuestParser", line 1708, in equipPistol
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pistolSlotId' referenced before assignment
    :06-20-2017 15:06:57 :task(error): Exception occurred in PythonTask readerPollTask-565379152
    :06-20-2017 15:06:57 TimeManager: Client disconnect reason 3.
    :06-20-2017 15:06:57 TimeManager: Client exception: pirates.quest.QuestParser:1706, direct.interval.FunctionInterval:88, direct.interval.Interval:207, direct.interval.MetaInterval:502, UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pistolSlotId' referenced before assignment

Last edited:
I've heard of workarounds for a few of those:
While ingame, if you try to change servers, you will teleport to change servers, when the screen loads and you double check which server you are in you will find out you never changed servers. (This happens 50% of the time)
Teleport to a friend in the ocean you want to switch to.
  • Clicking on pirates to see their playercard is very incosistent. Sometimes it doesn't work at all. And sometimes it works too well because you can't click while in combat without pulling them up.
I don't know how to fix the issue of not being able to click on players, but if you need to STOP clicking on them, just drag a playercard into the bottom corner so it is out of your way.
Sometimes when players crash while doing a repair minigame, the minigame gets locked and then no one can repair anymore because it can't be finished.
If the person who crashed rejoins the ship and starts repairing again, the game will no longer be bugged, and people can repair as normal.

If y'all know any others, feel free to add on! Hopefully this helps someone :)

Im updating this list anytime i find some so that the developers have a clean cut regularly updated list of easy to replicate glitches.

New bug added to list:

Going to see Barbossa in Barbossa's Grotto to unlock your pistol will crash your game when you are given the pistol if all of your weapon bar is already full (Tries to insert a weapon into your weapon slot thats already occupied)

Don't forget:
Special effects from weapons don't seem to work properly. From experience, these are as follows:
  • Curse (Voodoo Doll) does not cause the enemy to take 30% more damage, so it is effectively useless at the current moment.
  • Scorch (Voodoo Doll) does not make the enemy take additional damage over time, just the slight amount at the beginning making it a weaker, more voodoo-costly Poke.
  • Venom Shot (Gun) does not poison the enemy over time.
  • Bane Shot (Gun) does not cause the enemy to decrease attack.
  • Stink Pot (Grenade) does not seem to slow enemies.
  • Fire Bomb (Grenade) does not do damage over time, much like scorch.
  • Firebrand (Cannon) does not do damage over time to ships, just the initial.
  • Although the effects show up for the dagger abilities, such as the Adder showing a poison effect on an enemy, it does not work as I have tested on a Cadet and it did not seem to actually trigger any effect.
  • Hex Shot (Gun) seems to work properly, but I have seen voodoo-using enemies using Life Drain even when their voodoo is zero.
There are probably others I missed, but these are the current ones and this is definitely one of the most important glitches that affects the game.

EDIT: Also enemies on land do not seem to aggro when close to the player, with the exception of Navy enemies if you are already attacking another, for some reason.

Last edited:
I noticed the repair on ship games glitching when a player disengaed in middle of game using escape to grab cannon- i tested several times might be a hook in the mini game when esc is enaged before game is complete. this could present an issue in svs

I also noticed compass going wonky with blind ship resetting compass hot key seems to fix

Thanks for this list I was hoping to see a complied lists of things to look out for, myself

Currently, digging for quest items does not work at all. If you get a dig quest you are able to dig anywhere, and in every place (even where you're supposed to dig) will yield "Did not find any quest items"
If you are repairing a ship or doing the repair minigame and someone walks infront of you, you are able to click on them while repairing and their player card will come up and cancel whatever you were repairing.
I am level 38 and I have not received the teleport totem quest for Raven's Cove, and I tried to talk to Crazy Ned and Tia Dalma to get it but they would not give it to me.
EDIT: Also, the ghosts on Raven's Cove take extra damage from Steel Shot instead of Silver Shot, implying that they are living and not undead. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
When picking up ammo from drops, my ammo count does not update until I open the ammo pouch section of my inventory. After that it works normally until I relog, then it has the same problem.
When using ranged attacks on enemies, sometimes it will say "Miss" and still hit them, while other times it will display a damage amount but then miss.
When using a gun there is an area where the middle ring is grey indicating that you are out of range but you are still able to hit the enemy. Not sure if this is intentional or not.
After loading and shooting the first or second shot of a repeater, there is a brief period of time where you are able to switch which type of ammo you are using without having to reload, even though you already loaded all 3 barrels with the first type of ammo. Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Last edited:
Back