More RAM or new laptop entirely?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4389
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4389

Ahoy all!
I know I've made a post similar to this about computer recommendations before, but given the extensive knowledge of this community, I would like to ask you all for some advice again.
I originally planned to put money into a desktop and got various useful recommendations from folks here such as @John Foulroberts @Rich Fireskull @Joshua Daggerfire and more!
The thing is that I am moving so much from area to area including home, university, and such. So a desktop is a bit constricting in my case.
With tha being said I'm looking to either upgrade my current laptop hardware or invest in a new laptop entirely. Right now I am using a Dell Inspiron 5535 with Windows 8, 8GB RAM, and a AMD A8-5545M APU with Radeon hd graphics.
Being a student, I run multiple applications such as Spotify, Chrome(multiple tabs), Codeblocks, and others such as Sony Vegas and Forge. So I am using a lot of memory to which I think the RAM simply cannot handle (I know this for a fact through multiple crashes during the time I've had the laptop.)
So in short my proposal would be to upgrade the RAM to a 16GB. Or I might consider investing in s ASUS laptop due to its popularity at my university where a lot of people seem to like them. I also could use more hard drive space due to the fact that mine is filling up fast (I might consider getting an extended hard drive)
Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thank you so much for your time.
*EDIT* On top of that I will be using game design programs like Unity3D as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Heads up, prices change daily, so I'll try my best to keep you updated
Thanks for these! They definitely look pretty good and seem to fit my needs! I've also done some more research on some of the higher end laptops. What do you think of Alienware?

What do you think of the Lenovo Y50 Ultra HD edition? Its about $200 above my budget but might be worth it

Back