Most Everything Players in POTCO

Did you know some of these people personally?

• Total voters

Sparky Wonderwolf

Site Founder
sy9b792d.jpg
So essentially I have been thinking, who were probably the most influential, famous, best (at combat), led the largest/longest/influential/powerful guild, etc. in POTCO? Well I wondered and to be honest there are too many to count depending which route you take. Influence, Fame, Skilled, then of course Guilds and their influence, fame, power and skill. I can name quite a few but what is your opinion on each category? I would be interested to know who many looked up to and or heard of before over and over and over.

Some obvious ones of the top of my head are Ned Yellowbeard and Captain Leon (Yes hackers/modders/evil people count too) but there are plenty more for sure, some that even here call home.

Who were these people and how did they come to be? What were they most notable for?

I apologize if a similar thread has been posted before and if this is in the wrong category but I couldn't figure out what would best describe this.

Through all these years, there were many people who caught my attention!

I would like to nominate here @Charles Warmonk, @John Foulroberts, @Kat Five Knives, @Shamus The Brute and many more who are not part of this community.

Charles - He has been an amazing pirate, and a friend too. I have spent quite some time with him in the past without being bored even for a second. I really appreciate his hard work whether that be helping pirates, guiding, inspiring and so on. I feel lucky that I had the chance to meet a person like him. He will always be in my heart, FOREVER!

John - I am a little unsure what to say about him. He has been one of the very few pirates to supporting everything related to 'POTCO' the past years. AND I am pretty sure that even a "thank you" is not enough for what he offered to all of us. While I have spent time with him in-game, I cannot say much about his personality. Most of the time, he pretended to be serious and low profile. That much of seriousness, could simply drive me crazy at some point. I loved how he dealt with difficult situations, he intrigued me much!

Cougs - When I first joined Dark Archive, she was there for me. Alongside with some other members of DA, they showed me how the guild works altogether. Later on, she served a very important role as she was guiding/preparing me to become a Second Class Officer. I really admire her work - she even showed me the light out of the tunnel at some cases.

Shamus - He has been an awesome pirate, and a parent as well. While we have not spent much time on 'POTCO', it does not take much in order to understand what kind of person he is. Like I stated before, somewhere else...I could write a whole book for his personality. What I can say for sure is that he is one of the very few people to inspire me. I really enjoy reading to his personal opinions to everything related with this website. (the long winded posts are excluded) It was my honor to meet a pirate like Shamus!

That is it for me. Without no doubts, there are many more pirates that I would love to mention here, but I do not want to make my post more winded than it is. In addition, some people do not belong here, so bringing them up would be a waste of time.

I am touched @Mark Scurvyfox - However, I don't believe in one pirate being better then another. If you ask @John Foulroberts finding legendary did not make the game worth wild. If you ask @Kat Five Knives being a top guild leader did not make the game great. If you ask any of us so called "Greats" it's the community that POTCO had that made the game great.

Honestly, POTCO was not the best online game in graphics, gameplay, storyline nor awards. It was a great game because we had a LARGE group of "AMAZING" people working together making the game fun!

So I nominate everyone, because without every single one of you. The game would never be the same, ever. :)

I have rarely met anyone of fame or anything within the game itself, however I did hear of quite a few. I have met a few of them here on the forums also, without hearing of them ingame beforehand.

Here is what I knew of these "famous" pirates before the closing of POTCO. There is probably more to be said of each of these people, but as of now I can't think of it.

John Foulroberts - I had heard of him ingame before joining the forums, had heard he made cool videos. After joining the forums I found out he was a excellent video maker and amazing with graphic arts, and of course the legendary looter. He actually inspired me to learn how to make videos and how to edit and make graphics. Without him something like, my signature wouldn't be there. Also he did get me to finally buy Minecraft, I had seen his pictures and what he had said about the game (I had already been considering getting it) and I bought the game. I have never really talked to him though.

Shamus The Brute - Never heard of him before ingame. When I joined the forums he was here but he didn't stand out. However when POTCO was on its final days he made himself known, in a good way too. He always has excellent points to any situation, and his opinions are very similar to mine. We have talked a bit through conversations, but I think his personality is clearly shown through his posts and threads.

Davy Darkrage - Met him ingame briefly, after I had joined the forums. Without him I, and many others wouldn't have met, and kept in contact with many of the POTCO-related friends we have now.

Jack Scurvyfoote - Met him ingame, and we were friends for quite some time. He was known as the POTCO glitch-master. He found many of the glitches in the game. I helped him a bit, but was never as successful as he was. We don't really talk anymore but he was a really good friend in POTCO.

I am touched @Mark Scurvyfox - However, I don't believe in one pirate being better then another. If you ask @John Foulroberts finding legendary did not make the game worth wild. If you ask @Kat Five Knives being a top guild leader did not make the game great. If you ask any of us so called "Greats" it's the community that POTCO had that made the game great.

Honestly, POTCO was not the best online game in graphics, gameplay, storyline nor awards. It was a great game because we had a LARGE group of "AMAZING" people working together making the game fun!

So I nominate everyone, because without every single one of you. The game would never be the same, ever. :)

My aim wasn't a "best person/better person" thread. I guess you could say my aim though is amongst the powerful community, who really helped make POTCO what its known as, even if not everyone knows it?

I have to agree without a doubt that the community definitely made POTCO what it was and is know and remembered for today and I have to respect that nomination.

@Mark Scurvyfox & @Bart Gunshot - "thank ye" for the above thoughts! :D Also, thanks to Reyes for this idea of such an interesting thread (there have been a few written like this in the past but this particular thread encourages the writer to provide evidence to back-up the claim).

~ Those players which did have a profound impact upon myself (as a 'on-&-off' player of POTCO), I would like to mention by name below:

Gun Powder Gertie - Contrary to the name, an actual "dude" whom played POTCO along with his wife quite loyally up until the very end. (Gertie was the first legitimate player I did meet on POTCO whom took me under his wing & explained the significance of the distribution of skill points & the strategy required to level up my pirates effectively on POTCO. Because POTCO was the first MMO game I had ever played, I had no 'clue' really in how to play the game appropriately to master any one of the four pirates I had owned).

Lucky/Robbie - A fun & friendly pirate with a huge heart & personal faith, Lucky was an avid PVP whom was GM of a guild I had considered a home for myself, for the first time on POTCO. (Unless I am mistaken as that was a very long time ago, the name of Lucky's guild was named, 'HOPE of Life').

*Lucky had actually inspired me later on to become a guild GM of my own as his qualities of fairness, fun, & knack towards making things interesting for everyone served as an example to me as to the role a GM should possess on POTCO. To this day, I still remain in contact with him & he probably doesn't know this but he really did make the game fun for me as a player whom appreciated his style of leadership & pure heart.

Nela/Nella - Along with Lucky/Robbie, probably the best friend I had gained from playing POTCO. :) Nela was a devoted player to POTCO & it was through her remindings on POTCO that I had come to the realization that "questing" was not as important as "leveling," lol. For anyone whom knows her, Nela remained devoted to POTCO up until the very end & was well-known with many of her numerous pirates made on POTCO as a GREAT cannoneer (whether it be for SVS or sailing/plundering). What I most appreciate from Nela's friendship is the fact that she had stuck with me & supported me through a few difficult moments I was experiencing when, at the time, I was feeling quite alone.

*I first met Nela during a Port Royal invasion & later when we became good friends, I enlisted my first pirate into the guild she was devoted to pretty much until POTCO closed which was named, "NOTORIOUS."

Hart on Fire/Jade - I fist met Hart during a sailing run I was doing on my open, public ship. At the time, the crew was half listening to what I was saying (as Captain) & half not listening. I immediately recognized Hart's efforts because she was one of the main pirates on the crew whom was listening & doing a lot of the work. (At the time, a few 'noobs' kept yelling at me - PORT, PORT despite the fact that they had just boarded). Once our ship had plundered much of it's cargo & it came time to port, I began to understand for myself on the main dock of Padres that Hart was a kind-hearted player whom appreciated those whom took the time to play the game seriously. Later on, I began to understand more about the person behind the pirate & I began to realize that Hart upheld an inner-focus, drive, & work-ethic to where, to me, it was quite inspiring as both a player & as a individual.

*Today, I owe Hart the credit in encouraging me to join & to become a member of this particular forums.

Teabolt & Captain Star (two different people, for those wondering - lol) - I had the honor to meet each & to become familiar with the person behind the pirate of each. As time went along, I began to appreciate each of them for the direct contribution they have made to POTCO (@Captain Star for her guild leadership & ranking abilities; @teabolt for his sense of humor & ability to fill in a 'Santa' suit like nobody else's business, lol).:cool:

*At this time, I would like to give Star a shout-out for the wonderful job she has done & continues to do as Administrator in making this forums a "home" for all of us! ;) ~ Good pirates & great friends of mine, even to this day.

Jade O' Hayes - So many great things can be said about Jade. *For me, @JadeOHayes represents faith-put-into-action & someone whom is naturally talented in so far as organization & planning goes. Jade's values & faith (along with her attention to detail & the need to look at everything fairly/ appropriately) is what I most appreciate about her.

*Jade was a huge asset to the Revive POTCO, organizational team!

LEO - In my opinion, LEO was the most talented & skilled SVS pirate whom played POTCO. In addition to his in-game abilities, @LEO represents just about everything a pirate player should strive to become; a leader, an encourager, a helper, an educator. This is what I knew of LEO long before any Revive POTCO petition effort came on the scene. His ability to "lead by example" is what I will most remember about him 100 years from now
!

*It is of my opinion that the POTCO community is extremely lucky to have such a player whom cared enough for the game and the community itself to expose in-game issues (in an 'honest' way and without resorting to 'hacking') with the hope of having such issues resolved.

Johnny Sea Slasher/Dent - Never understanding the person behind the pirate until October of 2012, @Johnny Sea Slasher is an amazing person whom understands the behind-the-scenes details & inner-workings which involved the development of POTCO. Working alongside Johnny during the push to have POTCO revived, I quickly began to understand that Johnny is an intelligent person whom has a knack towards researching into things & is highly-skilled is so far as communication those things to enlighten others.

*Johnny/Dent was a key contributor (& invaluable asset) to the Revive POTCO, organizational team!

Davy Darkrage - I saved Davy next-to-last for a good reason. As such, I would like to dedicate some thread time to explain how much I do appreciate @Davy Darkrage .;)

~ This pirate, friend, & individual (as we all know) has made a tremendous impact on the POTCO community. As such, it is a little difficult to come up with the appropriate words to express how much I appreciate his efforts because his efforts serve as a main reason why all of us are here. What I can say though is that Davy has great wisdom & communication skills to bring people together from various backgrounds all over the world. That alone makes him "special" in my eyes (but in a good way, lol).

*As co-administrator of this forums, Davy - "thank you" for your appropriate judgement, willingness to help, educated insight, & tech savvy awareness of how to make this forums as successful as it has been & will continue to become! What impresses me the most is your dedication to always lend a hand despite the busy schedule you keep outside of the forums (and this can be said exactly the same for 'Captain Star' as well). Davy - thank ye for everything! :D

Chris Edgemalley/Cap'n Leon (two different people) - The mass-distributor of the python coding & "account stealer" (respectively) whom used to manipulate & adversely affect the game-play & experience of POTCO.

Concerning 1/2 of this duo, a long time ago I spoke with Chris personally through email messages via a youtube channel I was using at the time. During that conversation, I quickly began to understand for myself (as a POTCO player) the "main" problem with the direction POTCO was going. From the actual conversation which took place, I realized that I was in speaking with someone whom took no ownership nor responsibility for the actions they were willfully doing online (the same thing can be said about 'Leon')! From that single conversation, I took it upon myself to learn more about the HACKING/modding/account stealing issues which plagued POTCO & as a result, I am here today & this very moment to "thank" both Chris & Leon for allowing me to understand that when the chips are down & no one is left to take a stand for that which is good, that in the end...the good :sun:will overcome much of the bad (because if that is my fate and part of the reason why I was lead to play POTCO, then...'so be it' [along with the efforts which do result towards some possible good]).

Last edited by a moderator:
sy9b792d.jpg
So essentially I have been thinking, who were probably the most influential, famous, best (at combat), led the largest/longest/influential/powerful guild, etc. in POTCO? Well I wondered and to be honest there are too many to count depending which route you take. Influence, Fame, Skilled, then of course Guilds and their influence, fame, power and skill. I can name quite a few but what is your opinion on each category? I would be interested to know who many looked up to and or heard of before over and over and over.

Some obvious ones of the top of my head are Ned Yellowbeard and Captain Leon (Yes hackers/modders/evil people count too) but there are plenty more for sure, some that even here call home.

Who were these people and how did they come to be? What were they most notable for?

I apologize if a similar thread has been posted before and if this is in the wrong category but I couldn't figure out what would best describe this.
I know/knew Captain/Lord Leon ;)

Back