Discussion My Thoughts

soybeansoy3

Honorable Pirate
***First of all, If I am to post this on another forum's page, I'm sorry... I just created my account today.***

One final statement before I start my 'Thoughts', if I seem to exaggerate about this topic, I would 100 percent understand if you remove my comment for dissing the game, I have my full respect to you guys for using your own time for making a game for people like me who want their game back, with no profit to gain, I find that just amazing and I want to say thank you! But I just want to say that these all happened TODAY and this is what I have to say about it... if you read the whole thing, thank you. And I hope a Dev or two will be able to see this!

Something to Share...

Is it just me, or is it that whenever the Queuing System was released, that crashes of the game just skyrocketed? Not trying to diss the new system, it is amazing that anyone could easily join the game with the tiny wait, around a minute or two, but since the update, I've never had a session over 30 minutes without a crash taking place! And I don't think because of my PC specs... I went to my friend's house and he has a decent gaming PC, I had told him about TLOPO and it was a pretty good game you should play it, (he hadn't played POTCO either so this was an entirely new experience for him). Around a week later, he told me he was sick of the game. As a huge TLOPO fan, I was like "Why?? :(". He told me these exact words, "The game's is pretty cool, but the game crashes so much, it's hard for me to believe that it is labeled as a beta game! I'm not playing this game until it's fixed!". I tried convincing him that it wasn't that bad, because I really want the TLOPO community to grow and allow all you Devs to be motivated to update the game due to the amount of newer players joining. Anyways, back to my “thoughts”, today I’ve felt like quitting the game, not only once, but twice!

Today I was at Tormenta trying to loot since I have no fames yet even for a level 34 (I know, it’s sad). I hadn’t got a Loot Skull Chest in ‘ages’, I was looting at Brinescum Bridge, or whatever you call it… I opened the chest thinking I would just get some tiny bit of gold and a Rusty Sabre, but instead, I GOT A BLOODFIRE CUTLASS! Not the best of the cutlasses, but I wanted any sword that had bloodfire on it, I thought it was an amazing idea and I wanted it ever since I used the Heart of Padres Del Fuego when POTCO was shutting down in 2013, the bloodfire skill was so cool to me. I was overreacting when I think about it now, thrusting my hips into the air saying I got a famed! Anyways… I clicked on the ‘Take it all!’ button! Then the game froze… the screen had a light grey tint as if was ‘Not Responding’. I was screaming, “Please don’t crash, please, please, please, please!”. Then with my AMAZING luck… the game crashed. I was so mad then I realized, it is probably in my inventory! I logged in as quick as I can literally jitter clicking on the ‘Play’ button in the launcher! Right when I pressed play on the ‘Select Your Pirate’ screen, the game crashed again! So I repeated the process with anger and the hope that the Bloodfire Cutlass was in my inventory, I was able to get into the game this time. I looked in my inventory, just to know that the sword was NOT in my inventory! I was so mad I started to cry a bit (I know! I was overreacting super hard just over a game…) For the next 30 minutes or so, I was looking at the wiki page for the Bloodfire Cutlass just thinking in my head that I could’ve been using that instead of my “lame”, Royal Broadsword, which is still pretty cool it’s just it’s a RARE, and I could have gotten a FAMED! (Ok I will stop being so whiney now…) Just makes me so sad when I think about it lol! Just wanted to get that out of the way…

P.S. - Can I get my sword back lol? Would mean alot.

Last edited:
I lost a bright green linen tousers at dh because I took a screenshot from the ingame ss button and crashed. I've learned my lesson. Lol, I was pretty mad about it, but I am thankful it wasnt a legendary. Sometimes, you have to try to be optimistic with things like that even though you are really upset.

Also, I've haven't played after since the Queue change because I'm on vacation. So I can't put my opinion on the crashes but I try to patient about crashes since the devs work so hard to let us to have a feel for the game.

Last edited:
I lost a bright green linen tousers at dh because I took a screenshot from the ingame ss button and crashed. I've learned my lesson. Lol, I was pretty mad about it, but I am thankful it wasnt a legendary. Sometimes, you have to try to be optimistic with things like that even though you are really upset.

Also, I've haven't played after since the Queue change because I'm on vacation. So I can't put my opinion on the crashes but I try to patient about crashes since the devs work so hard to let us to have a feel for the game.

Yes but... at the same time mate, that was my first ever Famed in TLOPO, and I took a screenshot but it wasn't even the reason why the game crashed.

I read you're please help thread, just wanna say that sucks mate, i am also having the same problem. but if this were to happened i would have quit by now xD

Back