Idea Naming weapons?

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Redeemer

Honorable Pirate
So I've had the idea of just being able name weapons. I believe it's fine because it's a purely cosmetic feature that I can't see taking very long to code. I feel like this should be added to give some personal value to specific weapons.
Also seeing as how only you can see the weapons name (unless my memory is lying) I don't see this being too much of a problem with word filters, though I'm sure it would still have restrictions on the names.

Hmm, I'd like this idea. I agree that there would have to be restrictions on the names but this adds a nice personal touch to the game where players can customize their own weaponry. I support this idea!

I like the idea but i don't think it should be done for famed or legionaries specifically because of their title however it would be cool if we could craft weapons and upgrade them to that point and name them as we want

I like the idea but i don't think it should be done for famed or legionaries specifically because of their title however it would be cool if we could craft weapons and upgrade them to that point and name them as we want
I disagree with not naming famed and legendaries because those are the main weapons you would want to name because they are the best and you want to personalize your best weapons. Also, I don't think there should be crafting and upgrading, because then this would turn into trove

I disagree with not naming famed and legendaries because those are the main weapons you would want to name because they are the best and you want to personalize your best weapons. Also, I don't think there should be crafting and upgrading, because then this would turn into trove
but the very fact that the blue class weapons are called "famed" means they are famous for their name and power, legendary even more so. Thats an extreme generalization, there are hundreds of games with very good and advanced weapon crafting that arent trove. Just because one game has a feature doeskin mean another game cant have something similar

but the very fact that the blue class weapons are called "famed" means they are famous for their name and power, legendary even more so. Thats an extreme generalization, there are hundreds of games with very good and advanced weapon crafting that arent trove. Just because one game has a feature doeskin mean another game cant have something similar
Almost no one that was high level used rare and below weapons. The people leveling up in the low levels switched weapons frequently from leveling up and so there wouldn't be much point to naming a weapon that you would only use for a few levels. Famed and legendary weapons MUST be nameable or the entire idea would be pointless.

Almost no one that was high level used rare and below weapons. The people leveling up in the low levels switched weapons frequently from leveling up and so there wouldn't be much point to naming a weapon that you would only use for a few levels. Famed and legendary weapons MUST be nameable or the entire idea would be pointless.
Thats why enemies should drop materials (similar to ships) and the higher the level enemy and the higher your crafting skill the better the materials and end result weapon, It would add alot of value to the game and give people something more to do in order to bide their time, and before someone says that would make the highest end weapons useless you could either make the materials for the best weapons very very low drop rates or just cap crafted weapons at a certain strength to still encourage looting for legendary weapons

I'd disagree with not naming famed and legendary for the simple fact that in the end, you're really only renaming your weapon, it's not like changing your weapons name (which btw only you can see) will change the fact that it's a legendary, in fact you could maybe even come up with a better name for it.

I'd disagree with not naming famed and legendary for the simple fact that in the end, you're really only renaming your weapon, it's not like changing your weapons name (which btw only you can see) will change the fact that it's a legendary, in fact you could maybe even come up with a better name for it.
Exactly, it's just for personal preference.

Then in that case this post should be about nicknaming weapons not renaming it. I like the idea of naming weapons but with the current way the final two tiers of loot are setup it wouldn't make sense for them to be renamed. Nicknaming however and still being able to see the whole name id be more than fine with

I like the idea, but I think they should add that later, not any time soon since I wanna see the game as it used to be. But good idea tho.

Back