Need Some Help Training Sailing

Pufl

Swashbuckler
What is the most efficient way to train sailing? I know it's pretty easy right now because the enemy ships are not shooting back, but it seems like I get a ridiculously low amount of XP for sinking ships around my level and a decent amount for sinking high level ships, but I really should not even be able to approach them. So, any tips for efficient training?

Well, the most direct method would just be taking your low level ship and bringing down the high level ships with a combo of broadsides and cannons, fired by yourself. However, a better method would be letting a higher level friend lend you their ship while you sail and they fire. This gives you a lot more xp, but might be more complicated if none of your friends have high level ships, if none of your friends will let you borrow their ships, or if you don't have any friends :(

My main problem is my broadsides are bugged for me at low speeds/when next to an enemy ship (they just drop in the water with no velocity) so I usually just start manning the cannons without getting any sailing XP. What stormtimbers said is still good advice though, I'd recommend that if you could. I'd also say getting better ships would help but I'm not sure what you're sailing.

My main problem is my broadsides are bugged for me at low speeds/when next to an enemy ship (they just drop in the water with no velocity) so I usually just start manning the cannons without getting any sailing XP. What stormtimbers said is still good advice though, I'd recommend that if you could. I'd also say getting better ships would help but I'm not sure what you're sailing.
To fix that bug, simply move your ship farther away from the ship you are attacking. If you are very close the broadsides will fall in, make sure you are a good distance away.

Ello Poppet,

I agree. Try to go to Public ships that users will be willing to let you sail. I have yet to come across someone who has said no. Reason I am still at 12XP is because I've just been saving for a War Brig should have enough tomorrow however I need to do some sailing to catch up mate. Im in the same boat as you there. (See what I did there).

Back