Question New and confused

Liz the Biz

Dockworker
Hey guys! I just started playing this version of Pirates for the first time since Disney closed it back when I was 14. My now "adult" nostalgic self curiously looked up the game to see if anyone had done a remake and I was so happy when I found it. So hi! I don't know where to post this, so I'm starting here, sorry if it's wrong.

Is anyone else having a problem logging in? It keeps saying "Writing File 1 of 1" over and over again. Is there some update going on or somethin'? Thanks!

Hi Liz! Welcome to the Forums!

Have you checked your antivirus and/or malware program to see if they are blocking anything?

Edit: I have just seen on the forums this problem is being experienced by a few other members as well on MAC and a TLOPO staff member has posted that they are aware of this issue and are trying to get s fix put in and apologize for the inconvenience :)

Last edited:
That said, I had endless trouble with NOD32 being convinced the launcher was a virus a year or so back. It's an issue any small, private game project has to deal with if they're not using well known middleware engines. In the general case, adding an exception for the game's folder is a good thing to try.

Yep! I am on Mac and experiencing the same thing -- the endless loop on Launcher. I logged in fine earlier yesterday but later when I tried, this "Uploading/Writing file 1 of 1 " loop started.
Arr!
:rescue:

Hey guys! I just started playing this version of Pirates for the first time since Disney closed it back when I was 14. My now "adult" nostalgic self curiously looked up the game to see if anyone had done a remake and I was so happy when I found it. So hi! I don't know where to post this, so I'm starting here, sorry if it's wrong.

Is anyone else having a problem logging in? It keeps saying "Writing File 1 of 1" over and over again. Is there some update going on or somethin'? Thanks!
If your loading screen takes over the whole monitor, you may want to try using whatever keyboard thing you need to show the desktop to see if your firewall is stopping tlopo. On my windows, my zonelab will stop loading of tlopo until I tell it tlopo is okay. Apparently, some updates change ip locations or domains and the firewall needs to relearn it.

Also, you may want to go here to introduce yourself once again to the community.

https://piratesforums.co/forums/new-members.2/

Back