Suggestion New Island

HefeT

Honorable Pirate
Add Isla de Pelegostos to game and let us have artifacts weapons and tattoos from it.
Also add Pelegostos Tribe to fight for tribal weapon drops.
Photos from Pelegostos.

1587006325663.png

1587006363191.png

Last edited:
It's been years since we had Escondida teasers. It is nice to dream but frankly I don't see them adding any more islands in TLOPOs lifetime. Maybe if something amazing happens like an increase in staff developers, but it has been years and Escondida is still not in the game. Not to mention all the bugs that need fixing and features that need patching / cleaning up, as well as the problems that have arose from Pyp. It will be an achievement and frankly the end to a saga if Escondida releases, but I can't see them adding more content after something as big as that.

It's been years since we had Escondida teasers. It is nice to dream but frankly I don't see them adding any more islands in TLOPOs lifetime. Maybe if something amazing happens like an increase in staff developers, but it has been years and Escondida is still not in the game. Not to mention all the bugs that need fixing and features that need patching / cleaning up, as well as the problems that have arose from Pyp. It will be an achievement and frankly the end to a saga if Escondida releases, but I can't see them adding more content after something as big as that.
We have addressed this multiple times with Escondida: https://tlopo.com/news/post/253/. This isn't meant to be harsh but this opinion seems a bit ill-informed. This post will explain why Escondida isn't in the game.

Our next storyline chapter will bring in several new areas and islands. Escondida will not be one of those at this time. Escondida likely will be an island in a chapter after that.

I suggest looking through this thread extensively as well:

It shows a few more pictures of the new interiors and areas coming. In addition, we have a ton of maps coming with Lobbies. Along with those maps, there will be a ton of new interiors for Meetups.

We have addressed this multiple times with Escondida: https://tlopo.com/news/post/253/. This isn't meant to be harsh but this opinion seems a bit ill-informed. This post will explain why Escondida isn't in the game.

Our next storyline chapter will bring in several new areas and islands. Escondida will not be one of those at this time. Escondida likely will be an island in a chapter after that.

I suggest looking through this thread extensively as well:

It shows a few more pictures of the new interiors and areas coming. In addition, we have a ton of maps coming with Lobbies. Along with those maps, there will be a ton of new interiors for Meetups.
So Escondida was effectively rushed out in public teasers and screenshots because the devs were ecstatic with the progress of simply having their first custom made island, with no in-game purpose, later to be related to hunters / bounty hunters, from which the story will follow on. The reason we have not seen Escondida is that because the team want to take more time with it to make it "just right," all the while working on multiple other islands, in a different quest line, which will lead up to Escondida?

Out of curiosity, then, how long has the "next chapter" been in development? evidently it has been in development before July 4th and since.

Is there a particular reason as to why, after getting ahead of themselves, the developers / team decided to start a whole new quest line then, a whole new pile of work, rather than start the next chapter with Escondida, work they already have a basis for? instead they push Escondida to an even later date, and start from scratch on a whole new series of Islands and quests, all the while trying to fix bugs and the like in the game when pushing out smaller updates and events?

I understand the point. I was wrong in my idea of the timeline of islands, assuming Escondida would be first, but the point being made in reference to the colossal workload remains, even more so now that I have read the pages you linked. We know we won't be getting the islands for a long while, especially since there are features that are going to be rolled out over the next few months. The OP suggested the addition of a new Island, Isla De Pelegostos. My comment was a challenge stating that that was not a likely event to happen in the near future, based on the fact Escondida had still not released after all this time. Now I know that there are even more islands coming, even more quests and content etc, it seems even less likely to see new islands in the time after Escondida for now.

I'm not trying to discredit the work they do, but I personally find it hard to believe they have the time. This whole thing just seems like an illogical progression of events.

Is there a particular reason as to why, after getting ahead of themselves, the developers / team decided to start a whole new quest line then, a whole new pile of work, rather than start the next chapter with Escondida, work they already have a basis for? instead they push Escondida to an even later date, and start from scratch on a whole new series of Islands and quests, all the while trying to fix bugs and the like in the game when pushing out smaller updates and events?
Before making new stories it would make sense to finish the ones we already have.

Before making new stories it would make sense to finish the ones we already have.
So Escondida was the first custom island that the dev team created, however it wasn't the first crafted story in terms of lore? does this mean that the team started developing new storylines even before Escondida?

EDIT: forgive my curiosity, but I was not aware that TLOPO had yet even started new storylines, much less was attempting to now finish and close it out, as you imply they are already in existence, "it would make sense to finish the ones we already have." I assume the storylines you reference are Forsaken Shallows and Hollowed Woods, then the team plans to implement custom multiple islands and custom new storylines, and then Escondida?

Still seems rather mountainous, and massively time consuming in terms of work. You guys seem to be planning very far ahead, with that being said, have any of the staff members ever tried to pin down an ETA on these features?

My concerns that I referenced above to Teague are not yet assuaged. Of course, it is no ones obligation to do so, however features in this game have been delayed for almost 1 year before, and so for the sake of community discussion, I believe it is best to keep this discussion going, even if it is somewhat off-topic at this point.

Last edited:

Thanks for adressing my suggestion I know you guys are hard at work I can wait for new content but make hast please ha love you guys for bringing back pirates only fans get this game.

So Escondida was the first custom island that the dev team created, however it wasn't the first crafted story in terms of lore? does this mean that the team started developing new storylines even before Escondida?

EDIT: forgive my curiosity, but I was not aware that TLOPO had yet even started new storylines, much less was attempting to now finish and close it out, as you imply they are already in existence, "it would make sense to finish the ones we already have." I assume the storylines you reference are Forsaken Shallows and Hollowed Woods, then the team plans to implement custom multiple islands and custom new storylines, and then Escondida?
I'm not going to comment on which storyline in particular, but there are lots of hints in-game ;).

When we first created Isla Escondida, we were a very young and naive project. We weren't intending on actually using the island when we built it, it was more for us to just learn how to make an island. We were so excited to see that we had actually did it that we decided to show it off, and now we're kinda playing catch-up to make sure the current game Storyline will make sense with it.

The TLOPO Crew started a Storyline Department back in around 2016 and their primary objective originally was to maintain the blog on the website. But now as our project matures, their primary objective has shifted to creating the next story quest (this is a big part why the blog is less active).

When we had created this new Storyline Department, we had showed them the new island we had built and they began giving it a backstory. We came up with a really cool quest idea and background, and really love where it's at; but if we were to do it this way, it'd make no sense at all in the grand storyline. This is why we are in a sense "bridging the gap" between the stories.

The Storyline Team is now actively working on the next expansion, which is a new Story Chapter that will serve as a follow up to the Liberation of The Black Pearl. This upcoming update will include multiple brand new locations, weapons, enemies, and gameplay features.

We have made significant progress on islands included in this next Story Chapter. These pictures are from the Upcoming Content Spotlight thread and directly relate to the next chapter:

1582510885935.png

teaser island.jpg

new building model.png

Still seems rather mountainous, and massively time consuming in terms of work. You guys seem to be planning very far ahead, with that being said, have any of the staff members ever tried to pin down an ETA on these features?
To avoid another CTC incident where we have to push things back again, we are not going to say any dates.

That said, we do have an internal roadmap and our progress has been on schedule.
My concerns that I referenced above to Teague are not yet assuaged. Of course, it is no ones obligation to do so, however features in this game have been delayed for almost 1 year before, and so for the sake of community discussion, I believe it is best to keep this discussion going, even if it is somewhat off-topic at this point.
We have more than one major game expansion in the works right now. The next Storyline is only one piece of the larger puzzle.

We will be talking about these other expansions as they get closer, but what we can say now is they are making significant progress and are on schedule.

Last edited:
Back