New monitor not working... great.

Basil Darkratte

Site Founder
I'm using my old screen to write this. the one that keeps cutting off. Not long ago, I turned on my new moniter and the cpu, when a few mintues later, the screen cut off. But this time, its not like what happened last time. This time when I turned it back on, there were these different color bans going up and down on the screen. And that's all I can see. So that means I'll have to return the new one... if it happens again, something's up. But its not likely that the CPU is the one causing this...

Everything seems to be going wrong this week...

Do you have the screen plugged into the right screen connector on your tower? My desktop has 2 connections, one for a standard monitor, and one for an HD monitor, which the current monitor is on. Do you have more than one connector?

Do you have the screen plugged into the right screen connector on your tower? My desktop has 2 connections, one for a standard monitor, and one for an HD monitor, which the current monitor is on. Do you have more than one connector?
I do. My Comptuer only as one connection for the screen and that's the VGA. Both screens use this port.

Try the other connector. If all else fails, check your graphics and video drivers and make sure they're up to date.
the graphics can't be out of date. The New monitor was working well from the day I got it, which was on sunday afternoon. Why would it cut off without warning?

when I said I do, I meant that, Yes it's connected in the right place in my tower. My tower only has one slot for the monitor.
Im returning the New Monitor back, the old screen that is cutting off is getting on my nerves. ( As if it wasn't already)

Back