Sailing No speed reduction when ship's hull damaged (OSX High Sierra & Windows 7)

patbona

Buccaneer
System : OSX High Sierra and Windows 7

Bug : At sea when ships have their hull damaged their speed does not decrease, they maintain full speed (for both NPC and the player vessels)

Steps to reproduce bug :

1) attack a ship and reduce it’s hull

2) Looking at the opponent stats you will see that it’s hull has taken damage but that
the speed bar did not decrease (image-1)

Question : does this mean that for the time being boarding ships does not work?
I remember you had to reduce the ship of the enemy ship enough if
you wanted to board it.

Image-1
View attachment 101459

I think you are getting confused between hull and sail damage. You need to reduce the hull to zero in order to board and that does work correctly with some exceptions. Reducing sails to zero is supposed to immobilize a ship and this also works correctly with some exceptions, the most notable of which is hunters. Hunters are not immobilized by taking out their sails. The only ships that were not immobilized by taking out their sails in potco were fleet sotl. To my knowledge only the hunters are wrong in tlopo as far as this is concerned.

Last edited:
I think you are getting confused between hull and sail damage. You need to reduce the hull to zero in order to board and that does work correctly with some exceptions. Reducing sails to zero is supposed to immobilize a ship and this also works correctly with some exceptions, the most notable of which is hunters. Hunters are not immobilized by taking out their sails. The only ships that were not immobilized by taking out their sails in potco were sotl. To my knowledge only the hunters are wrong in tlopo as far as this is concerned.

Thank you for the clarification!

Back