One Last Time

Blade1

Site Founder
Tonight I logged back on to have one last party with the Emerald Regiment. I cherish every member of the guild, and every member of the game. You may think it is the end, but soon you'll realize this loyalty you had to POTCO was only the beginning, and that much greater things are on the way. Fitting in somewhere is hard, and I'm proud to say for so many years, You guys have made that a reality for me and so many others. We are Pirate friends, a pirate community, and a pirate family.
screenshot_2013-09-08_21-25-23.jpg

Hi All, as a proud member of the Emerald Regiment it was a stirring evening to hang out with our group. The game and guild has become something very special to my little household. I have to credit Disney with having created a wonderful game. They blended real Caribbean locations, historically accurate information with enough fantasy to have made this game a fascinating place to spend hours. As stimulating as their little creation is, the friends I and my son have made on the game are what is really what shall be lost. Yes, Blade is right that we will all find other activities and games to play. I am amazed that young and old players alike found this game to be so much fun. The game play was clean and family oriented. In the dark and cold winters, I was able to log on and be welcomed back and I could feel the stress of real life melt away. I shared many a laugh with people I would not recognize if I met in real life, and yet I call them friends. I too took many screen shots of that last meeting. I can feel the finality of the last week when I log on and I am doing my best to savor every moment. Something that many of us spent years doing is going to be closed on us despite our continued passion for the experience. To those I spent time with and those I never had the chance to, fare the well. I owe you all a debt of gratitude for making the game what it is. As sad as I feel it is going to be, I think I shall log in on Thursday at noon and go to the dock in Port Royal. This is where it started for me so long ago. I imagine that there will be one final disconnect notice and then the moon over our lovely seas shall be dark forever. Perhaps a long walk with my dog after to settle my feelings, but I do know that something special will be gone...

Back