Idea Open PvP and Guild Battles

Would you like to see PvP implemented like this?

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Squidgallows

Honorable Pirate
First off, open PvP would work on every island EXCEPT Port Royal, Tortuga, Padres Del Fuego and Ravens Cove. I feel like I need to throw this out there so that people understand that I'm not crazy.

Why would this be a good idea?
This would make it easier to have a rivalry between guilds. Battles could take place of islands like Cuba or Tormenta, and it would give people more of a reason to participate in guilds. I think this would ultimately bring the community closer and help it grow.

Screen+shot+2012-03-03+at+11.27.17+AM.png

One problem I have with a pvp island is the fact that when you port you have a loading screen which would make you an easy target, I always wondered if you'd go to jail or just tp somewhere else on the island
They probably would’ve considered that. Had I been them and I implemented it, when players dock on the island they are placed on a side and once there are 3 players or more on both sides, the PvP would commence.

One problem I have with a pvp island is the fact that when you port you have a loading screen which would make you an easy target, I always wondered if you'd go to jail or just tp somewhere else on the island
I think there would be a point you would cross where pvp mode will become active once you cross that line.

I don't know... seems like kinda a waste of time to build an island just for PvP. It doesn't seem that practical in all honesty. As for the OP, having PvP enabled in wild islands would not be a good idea, like, at all. It would allow people to mess with others while looting, and cause server stress. It would make way more sense if they just put in a "Guild Battle" mode in PvP or something. I don't wanna get killed by a supposed "friendly" pirate while looting Tormenta's Urchinfists...

If they make Open PVP, they should make it an option. In order to PVP over players, you must have PVP enabled. The player would have a symbol over their head when they are in PVP or not in PVP indicating that they are or are not in PVP, that way you don't get random people coming up to you swinging their sword.

If they make Open PVP, they should make it an option. In order to PVP over players, you must have PVP enabled. The player would have a symbol over their head when they are in PVP or not in PVP indicating that they are or are not in PVP, that way you don't get random people coming up to you swinging their sword.
But I always get people who come up to me and swing their swords

I voted no.
I don't like PvP and I find it extremely annoying when you're questing and some random idiot kills you. Especially the ones that camp near spawn points.
I wouldn't mind if specific servers were set to PvP, then I could choose to stay away from it by using a different server.
If it was implemented on all servers, I would avoid it by not playing any more :)

Pvp is not for everyone, so another island dedicated to guild pvp and solo pvp should be a thing, while there are some events going on there now and then. Could be an idea if its done right.
I definetly see a lot of potential in this idea. I would guess the island could be located next to Raven's Cove. Another idea could be to turn the two SVS islands into the PvP islands.

I vote YES.
Briefly on the old game the svs islands were open pvp . If you were on the island you were in pvp. That was one of my funnest times of the game for me. I think that lasted two or three weeks.
Still not sure if they did that on purpose or it was the programming they jacked up and couldn’t figure out how to fix right away.

Back