Idea Optimization/Crashes

IcedSh0rtDuck

Dockworker
First let me state that I don't have experience in coding so I don't understand how difficult or what issues might derive from what I am about to suggest and would like to apologies for my ignorance before hand. When playing this game I have experience it crashing quite a bit when its not the only thing running on my computer. I have a mid range PC build with a nvidia GTX 1050ti GPU and a AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 6-core processor and have ran into almost every issue in the book, when it comes to playing games, when ever I constantly have issues with a game I am playing I check the the stats (for lack of a better word) to see what is being utilized/stressed on my computer and the temps of everything. Through doing this I noticed that my processor the only thing being utilized and my GPU was barely touched if at all. I understand not everyone that plays this game has a gaming pc so I understand why there is so much stress on the CPU rather then the GPU but for those of use that do it would be nice to have and option to utilize the GPU a little bit more. Once again I have no experience in development so I am ignorant to what effect this may have on the impact of the game this is just an idea.

Iced,

I just looked at my own CPU/GPU usage and i'm wondering if there's something not being detected correctly by TLOPO on your PC, as my CPU/GPU usage was mostly equal to heavier on the GPU while playing. Does your motherboard have a built in graphics adapter at all? (Take a look in Device Manager -> Display Adapters - do you see one entry or two under it?)

For the record I'm on an Intel Core i7 3770k (quad core) with an Nvidia GTX 680, but I also have on-motherboard Intel display adapter too.

Iced,

I just looked at my own CPU/GPU usage and i'm wondering if there's something not being detected correctly by TLOPO on your PC, as my CPU/GPU usage was mostly equal to heavier on the GPU while playing. Does your motherboard have a built in graphics adapter at all? (Take a look in Device Manager -> Display Adapters - do you see one entry or two under it?)

For the record I'm on an Intel Core i7 3770k (quad core) with an Nvidia GTX 680, but I also have on-motherboard Intel display adapter too.
Neo. From almost all I've read about gaming, and done this for 40 years of experience, there never was, even today on board graphics that will run top notch games. Don't believe the hype by the MB sellers either. On board band width has yet to compete with dedicated card. Close, but no cigar. Much better than even 3 years ago, but not there yet.

That said, it has been the majority of advice that if the on board graphics is not being used for some weird program requiring it, the OBG should be disabled in the bios as well as where ever it needs to be. Personally, I don't know of any windows programs or 3rd party specifically having to need the OBG. Maybe, but I don't know of one. @ice, see if your OBG is also running. Of course, this goes without saying that one has a dedicated GPU card installed... otherwise, you won't be playing Tlopo or any other window program if you disable obg.

Neo. From almost all I've read about gaming, and done this for 40 years of experience, there never was, even today on board graphics that will run top notch games. Don't believe the hype by the MB sellers either. On board band width has yet to compete with dedicated card. Close, but no cigar. Much better than even 3 years ago, but not there yet.

That said, it has been the majority of advice that if the on board graphics is not being used for some weird program requiring it, the OBG should be disabled in the bios as well as where ever it needs to be. Personally, I don't know of any windows programs or 3rd party specifically having to need the OBG. Maybe, but I don't know of one. @ice, see if your OBG is also running. Of course, this goes without saying that one has a dedicated GPU card installed... otherwise, you won't be playing Tlopo or any other window program if you disable obg.

Exactly, which is why I was wondering about it, given the OP's issue seems to be CPU vs GPU usage. (on a total side note, my MB originally had a program come with it that boosted performance by using both GPUs, but that program was never updated for Win10). Also, I think you tagged the wrong user in that reply.

Exactly, which is why I was wondering about it, given the OP's issue seems to be CPU vs GPU usage. (on a total side note, my MB originally had a program come with it that boosted performance by using both GPUs, but that program was never updated for Win10). Also, I think you tagged the wrong user in that reply.
Neo, I was agreeing and echoing you, and brought up Ice into it as she was the one experiencing issues, as well as you know you have a OBG still perhaps running. Windows has been trying to push their own api (directX) and ingrain it into OBG's as well to dominate the graphic sector.

Back