Discussion Optimization for High Sierra

LaziPsyklops

Buccaneer
It has been nearly 3 weeks since ANY OS X users are able to play, every time I see an update for the game, it's always some bug fix or something of that sort. Guildmates have tried to help with countless fixes and what not. How much longer do we OS X users have to wait before we just quit the game and give up on your development staff? I, along with others, have put so much time into this game for it only to be taken away due to the lack of optimization. What I don't understand at all is the fact you were able to optimize the game just fine when people have updated from Yosemite to El Capitan and to Sierra and now all of sudden we cannot play the game due to from what I am seeing is negligence to regard the status about the issue, as I've seen nothing on Twitter or anything on the update logs. I'm really, really starting and I will probably begin to do so, just uninstall the game and leave my guild behind completely that I care for deeply. You either better say something about the status of the game for OS X users or dedicate your time to OPTIMIZE the game for OS X users instead of bug fixes or your player base will drop drastically to nothing due to the negligence. I am trying really refraining from lashing out and being really angry at the developers to optimize a game. FIX IT or you will lose more and more players by the days.

I agree, this needs to come before any other bug fixes. This is the most important, as it prevents people from playing.

Tweeted to a developer of the game regarding the OS X High Sierra issue and they had said the following,

"We're still in the testing phases of it! Taking a bit longer than expected, but we're really close to the end. I don't have an exact date, but when we have more info, we'll be sure to share it!"

From what I am understanding and hypothesizing, they have a fix ready and are testing it to see if it is stable to work. Along with this, they are stating they are "close to the end" which to me means they might have a fix rolled out by Sunday of this week or Monday of the following week.

Tweeted to a developer of the game regarding the OS X High Sierra issue and they had said the following,

"We're still in the testing phases of it! Taking a bit longer than expected, but we're really close to the end. I don't have an exact date, but when we have more info, we'll be sure to share it!"

From what I am understanding and hypothesizing, they have a fix ready and are testing it to see if it is stable to work. Along with this, they are stating they are "close to the end" which to me means they might have a fix rolled out by Sunday of this week or Monday of the following week.
That's great to hear that there is a potential fix being tested for High Sierra users :)
I would however refrain from posting any specific day or time window for the release based on them saying "close to the end" because problems can still turn up in the very last stages of testing and that could set back it's release.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly and as the team expect and High Sierra users will be back in the Carribbean soon! :D

That's great to hear that there is a potential fix being tested for High Sierra users :)
I would however refrain from posting any specific day or time window for the release based on them saying "close to the end" because problems can still turn up in the very last stages of testing and that could set back it's release.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly and as the team expect and High Sierra users will be back in the Carribbean soon! :D

Oops, sorry for that. But I'm at least hoping it'll be this week or the next week that the fix can be rolled out.

Oops, sorry for that. But I'm at least hoping it'll be this week or the next week that the fix can be rolled out.
Yeah I know how you all must feel. When I started to play TLOPO I couldn't connect to the server for 2 months. It was agonizing waiting to get back on :D

Hope we will be seeing our High Sierra fellow pirates in game soon! :)

Back