Overpowered AI ships

ukebec

Wanted Pirate
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the AI ships need their speed and aggro nerfed. If we're trying to replicate PoTCO the AI ships are far too overpowered in speed and aggro. The AI ships are so over-aggro'ed that they're attacking fishing boats. Also, the speed is insanely high. In PoTCO I used to be able to solo using Firebrand and Lightning shot on the masts to stop an AI ship. That's impossible now. Also - the hitboxes for both sides are seriously messed up. Broadsides from my ship and from the AI ships are wildly all over the map. Nerf the speed and aggro on the AI ships from 25% to 30% and refine the hitboxes. Also, make sure the aggro from the AI ships is turned off against fishing boats.

Totally Agree with this, last night we sailed for a bit and I noticed the same things. It was a freaky return to the high seas lol. Never before have I seen enemy ships so quick and nimble, and ruthless. They seemed to die more easily, is that right?

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the AI ships need their speed and aggro nerfed. If we're trying to replicate PoTCO the AI ships are far too overpowered in speed and aggro. The AI ships are so over-aggro'ed that they're attacking fishing boats. Also, the speed is insanely high. In PoTCO I used to be able to solo using Firebrand and Lightning shot on the masts to stop an AI ship. That's impossible now. Also - the hitboxes for both sides are seriously messed up. Broadsides from my ship and from the AI ships are wildly all over the map. Nerf the speed and aggro on the AI ships from 25% to 30% and refine the hitboxes. Also, make sure the aggro from the AI ships is turned off against fishing boats.

Back