Pirate fashions or Who the heck dressed you tonight? Remington the Vicious?

squintz

Pirate Lord
Well, yes, yes he did.

Since I don't run with the fashion crowd and watch other pirates fret about their garb, and preen to the guild crowd and friends, I started to think of a more interesting way to outfit myself.

So, I started to ask Remmy some questions during tea, and I've found out many of these bosses have a kinder, gentler side that no one ever bothers to discover.
They all seem to be very artistic in many ways. Remmy likes the art masters and likes to paint like Van Gogh. General Hex admitted liking flowers and designing.
Even Jimmy enjoys cabinet making. Oh and Pali just loves tropical fish and setting up aquariums for friends. If he doesn't eat the fish first. He said it's a little tough for him there.

But I discovered so far that they all have something in common and that's a fashion sense. We know General Darkhart is such a dapper dresser. I haven't visited him yet although.

So here's what I've been doing lately. I show up at for example at Remmy's platform, looking like a naked Mr. Clean. Then I basically hire the boss to be my fashion designer and let him/her choose my outfits. I take the very first of every slot they give me and put it on. When I get the full ensemble, I pay them and take a selfie. I start each boss with a clean slate to see their handiwork. It can take a bit of time because most bosses are busy handing out other suggestions to the groups of pirates that come for their expertise. But honestly their minion assistants are really no help at all. Don't even bother talking to them, they're usually stuck up.

Remmy is quite chatty, but efficient. And since they're so randomly creative, the outfits will never be the same twice.

It's exciting to see what each boss comes up with and to share their sensitive side as well.

I don't know where I'm going with this, or if all the bosses will take the trouble to create for me. Or they'll just kill me on the spot. Sometimes they can be so stand offish.

But whenever I get the chance to hire a fashion consultant boss, I'll try to share the experience.

Tonight I met with Remmy and this is what he threw together for me.
screenshot_2019-05-02_21-30-19.jpg

General Hex was hanging out by himself and pretty open to try some new designs to give me. His assistants did get in the way a bit. Hex did suggest that I bring General D', that's what he calls him, some rum to loosen him up a wee bit.
Here's tonights red carpet creation from Hex.
screenshot_2019-05-02_22-22-18.jpg

Maybe more to follow.

Last edited:
That's a fun idea. You should make a screenshot album of the results to post on your page when albums come back, I'd love to see them.

Only had a short time to work with Timothy Darton. He wasn't that receptive, but at least he gave me some time. I don't think Timmy's all that much into working for others.
I think he needs some runway experience under his weapon belt too. But maybe his eye is in accessories, because accessorizing is almost as important than dressing the frame. So I humored him and went with the first weapon he suggested and offered to me. I didn't want to hurt his feelings.
If we could have spent more time together, I'm sure he could have come up with much more glam. but it'll do for now.

EDIT: Thought I already edited this... but Timmy gave me a gun which I neglected to equip for the selfie. Sorry.
I'm pretty sure he wasn't worried about it.

screenshot_2019-05-05_01-41-09.jpg

Last edited:
Bro, I've looted for those bright green swabs for like 2 years now. GG, solid looter.

Decided to drop by General D for a chat and to ask if he was available to make some quick booty with a freelance designing and advice session. He looked sharp in his favorite jacket, but was a little tentative about performing for an unknown such as myself.
But 2 bottles of rum loosened him up in short order and he was more than giving with his artistic eye. General D had so many different things to show me and combine. But he was insistent on making me wear his special jacket look alike. I think he may be used to building his look around that jacket. We butted heads quite a bit on this as I was steadfast on wearing the first things he shown me.
Of course I don't expect any enemies to understand my logic, but hey, most of them are dead things anyways.

Funny thing is, General D never let me have the jacket anyhow. Probably the rum.
And the liquor definitely lessons your inhibitions as Gen D took some time and shown me a few of his terrific tapestry needleworks. Where you do like paintings using needlework. He has almost completed a full size piece of Jolly Roger at the helm of his ship. Quite impressive if you ask me.

I don't think I'm really supposed to share some of this personal stuff, but Gen D even knits skullcaps for his friends and minions.

And my apologize to the pirate I left stranded there alone, I'm sure D was a tad more difficult without anyone helping.
screenshot_2019-05-05_21-58-51.jpg

Last edited:
Back