Pirates Is Starting Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopa Potco

Dockworker
Hey guys, I used to play to this game all the time, pretty much for the last 3 years until it closed, and I've just now started to really miss it and want to play it again, so I decided to come back here and be able to talk to the community and read the old forums. Is it true that Pirates could be getting revived if we get enough signatures on some petition? I also thought a few people were trying to remake the game and call it Pirates of the Burning Sea. Either way, this game definitely needs to surface again. It was one of the best.

Ahoy Koopa, and welcome to the forums. :ahoy:

To answer a few of your questions, there was an legitimate "Revive POTCO" petition in place to help instigate change on POTCO's behalf but when Disney announced in August of 2013 that the game would be closed (along with Disney's ToonTown and Pixie Hollows games) petition organizers conceded to end the movement after the gain of some 3,000 signatures. Since that time, various (other) petition movements have arose to create change.

If you do have the chance, please read various threads written within the "General Discussion" category as you will find information there devoted to POTCO emulator projects (such as 'Pirates of the High Seas' and 'Pirates Rewritten') and this should hopefully catch you up to speed as to how the POTCO community has been adjusting since the closing of POTCO.

Again, we welcome you to the forums. Good to have you here - me matey. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back