Porting Crash

ProtoGradius

Swashbuckler
I know this is probably a common problem happening to most of you, however I cannot seem to fully understand as to why this particular bug is so frequent. Upon docking at any island after looting enemy ships the game simply springs a memory leak and crashes. Now I have noticed a correlation between these crashes and sailing itself.
1. The time it takes to loot and sail across the seas usually results in the game to crash more often as opposed to a short run
2.Porting more than once will almost always result in the game crashing and the player not receiving loot

If anyone can help me with this problem it'd be greatly appreciated. I've lost around 20 skull chests due to porting being such a huge, game breaking issue. I'm not sure whether or not it is on the dev's priority. I am simply making this thread for awareness and possible help.

It is most likely a memory leak, something you can't control. Your best chance at getting loot is doing quick loot runs and then dock. Then, if you want to do another I would suggest a relog and then do another run. At least, that is what I have to do.

I know this is probably a common problem happening to most of you, however I cannot seem to fully understand as to why this particular bug is so frequent. Upon docking at any island after looting enemy ships the game simply springs a memory leak and crashes. Now I have noticed a correlation between these crashes and sailing itself.
1. The time it takes to loot and sail across the seas usually results in the game to crash more often as opposed to a short run
2.Porting more than once will almost always result in the game crashing and the player not receiving loot

If anyone can help me with this problem it'd be greatly appreciated. I've lost around 20 skull chests due to porting being such a huge, game breaking issue. I'm not sure whether or not it is on the dev's priority. I am simply making this thread for awareness and possible help.
I have the exact same problem. I have missed out on so much loot. I have given up trying to get loot and gold on a crewed ship. I simply resign myself to the fact that there will be NO loot but I will level up my cannon.

This problem has plagued pirates since 2007!
As Stephen Teague has pointed out, looting quickly and logging off and on again are the best remedies for this scourge.
It might not always work, but it does the trick more often than not.
Enjoy!

This problem has plagued pirates since 2007!
As Stephen Teague has pointed out, looting quickly and logging off and on again are the best remedies for this scourge.
It might not always work, but it does the trick more often than not.
Enjoy!
Thanks Cashalot, I will try that. I actually never had this problem in POTCO. I have faith that this will be fixed one day.

Thanks Cashalot, I will try that. I actually never had this problem in POTCO. I have faith that this will be fixed one day.
I will gladly accept thanks for Stephen Teague's post/idea!
You're more than welcome, and I have more of Stephen's ideas if you need 'em!
Enjoy!

I crash whenever I port, whether or not I have loot on board. Ex. When I go from pr to Kingshead, I crash

Back