Porting

Ryan R

Sea Legs
Quick question: If you crash upon porting will you still receive loot? It's happened to me a million times on other people's ships but I never really paid attention upon return. I'm in the process of porting right now with the best cargo I've ever retrieved solo---and then the game stopped responding. So I'm wondering if I close the game if I'll still get my loot or if I should attempt to wait it out?

No, unfortunately. I recommend relogging into the game ~10 minutes before you port to free up some memory to prevent crashing :)

I myself found that when porting not to be on a cannon and always success in getting loot and loading correctly

I myself found that when porting not to be on a cannon and always success in getting loot and loading correctly
You seem to have more luck than I do, I've tried that and it doesn't seem to make a difference lol.

The best option is to have someone come aboard the ship, then log out and relog, and have them do the same once you get back to the ship. It's a long tedious process, but if you're likely to crash and have to relog from it anyway, I guess it's worth the extra effort.

when i have been out on my trusty light sloop (hey im just getting started again :p) i usually dont ever have problems when i dock once i changed my setting to the advice posted in the other thread about suggested settings for this version of the beta. Also, when I on other peoples ships and am just standing around when porting, screen loads and loot is always gotten, and this ALL came from the settings change. See ya on the seas mate, always down to do anything with anybody!

I wish I would've crashed tbh... Lol I let it sit there for 10 minutes and then it finally came back and I was able to port and I received a whopping 279 gold and some clothing and 2 pistols off a Skull and multiple royals and treasure chests. I swear if that was anybody else's ship that would've been close to 2k atleast lol. Oh well

You get the gold loot like from cargo crates and royal chests and stuff, but you don't get the item loot because obviously you have to click a button to get that

Back