Discussion Potion Tips?

Seawalkers

Buccaneer
Anyone know any good potion brewing tips, especially to make it go by faster. I absolutely hate potion brewing but one of my quests requires it so I have to do it now.

I usually level potions quickly by just making the Swift Foot potions. Start with Swift Foot 1, then 2, then 3 as you level until the end. You start to notice a pattern with how to strategically place the ingredients to finish each one quickly. I usually start in the middle of the board and place each color on top of the same one and if there is a new color place it one over but still matching one of the previous colors. If you want to do this go to an island like Port Royal that doesn't have extra ingredients.

at level 8 potions you can make staff 1 which is an easy complete. The skill may not be the best but the 5-stack sells for 500 gold. I try to do one stack each time I log in

Thanks for the responses. Fortunately, I have what I need, but I still encourage responses so that others may use these tips and get through the painfulness of potion brewing.

Wait for another holiday double rep day? Even more lucky it may be glitched again and you can level in 5 minutes.
Other than that, stay with potions with the least combos and make them til they aren't new any more. Normal functioning potion brewing I think lowers the rep greatly when the potions changes from new to normal. All leveling in all games do this.

Wait for another holiday double rep day? Even more lucky it may be glitched again and you can level in 5 minutes.
Other than that, stay with potions with the least combos and make them til they aren't new any more. Normal functioning potion brewing I think lowers the rep greatly when the potions changes from new to normal. All leveling in all games do this.
It seems to me that the first time you make one it is no longer "new" ... ?

It seems to me that the first time you make one it is no longer "new" ... ?
Beats me. I think they're good like 5 times or something. Then the rep drops or goes away.
Never liked potion brewing and always felt the trouble wasn't worth the reward of use. Also I believe disney threw potions in not just to aid the pirate, but maybe they thought it helped younger kids with hand eye coordination and mental strengthening. Everyone knows disney loved children. But since Mr. Disney passed away, I don't think the corp is that concerned any more about kids themselves.

Just how kids spend their money.

Last edited:
Never liked potion brewing and always felt the trouble wasn't worth the reward of use. Also I believe disney threw potions in not just to aid the pirate, but maybe they thought it helped younger kids with hand eye coordination and mental strengthening. Everyone knows disney loved children.
I think the fishing and potions are in the same category. Creating some 'not-particularly-pirate-like' activities for youngsters.

I think the fishing and potions are in the same category. Creating some 'not-particularly-pirate-like' activities for youngsters.
You make a good point. But, in real life I would say pirates actually fished in some capacity but you didn't see them huddled around a table in the middle of a field mixing magic potions.

Back