Event Preserve POTCO: Protect the Cove (4th event)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkshot

Swashbuckler
800x600-Preserve_POTCO_Protect_The_Cove_Poster.png

um is that Official.....? I'm guessing not...:confused:
"Preserve POTCO" is it's own separate movement concerned on the need to have POTCO valued as a game worthy of Disney's attention. The group conducts numerous (in-game) events for this cause and provides an additional means for players to show support towards POTCO but separate from the Revive POTCO effort and it's organizers.

For more information, please contact "Preserve POTCO's" organizers - Darkshot or Dreamcatcher. :)

"Preserve POTCO" is it's own separate movement concerned on the need to have POTCO valued as a game worthy of Disney's attention. The group conducts numerous (in-game) events for this cause and provides an additional means for players to show support towards POTCO but separate from the Revive POTCO effort and it's organizers.

For more information, please contact "Preserve POTCO's" organizers - Darkshot or Dreamcatcher. :)

Good to know :) - thanks Shamus The Brute

I am just overwhelmed by the love I am feeling here for Preserve. You try to do something to help and you get 99% of comments saying "This is not Revive", and 1% sarcastic remarks. Thank you Shamus and Johnny Da Pirate for being part of the few with a bit of class. So Zin, what have you done today to help Potco be a better place?

Thank you Shamus and Johnny Da Pirate for being part of the few with a bit of class. So Zin, what have you done today to help Potco be a better place?
All I did was answer Darkshot's question. Nothing sarcastic about it. It is you that is reading that into it. And you have no idea what I do on a daily basis to help POTCO.

Apologies certainly go out then, I can't see how I read anything into all the warm responses as being sarcastic. And ty for helping on a daily basis, I can only manage every other day. I'm slacker, I guess.

There are many "likes" I would like to apply to a few posts on here but, I am afraid if I do so, this may cause further hints of division between us pirates :daggermouth: whom occupy the Caribbean (whether 'Revive' or 'Preserve' POTCO).

The point that I would like to stress is that while the pressures begin to mount upon those of us whom seek a healthier and happier Caribbean, we must not become side-tracked :xbones: by our petty differences because if we do...the game will only become weakened further to the point to where nobody will care too much about POTCO anymore (whether ye seek to 'Preserve' it or to 'Revive' it).

While there remain a few additional things I would like to personally say, I would much rather end this post with a familiar point of view which bluntly states...
PirateFlagAnimated.gif

..."A house :flag: divided by itself, will not stand!"

There are many "likes" I would like to apply to a few posts on here but, I am afraid if I do so, this may cause further hints of division between us pirates :daggermouth: whom occupy the Caribbean (whether 'Revive' or 'Preserve' POTCO).

The point that I would like to stress is that while the pressures begin to mount upon those of us whom seek a healthier and happier Caribbean, we must not become side-tracked :xbones: by our petty differences because if we do...the game will only become weakened further to the point to where nobody will care too much about POTCO anymore (whether ye seek to 'Preserve' it or to 'Revive' it).

While there remain a few additional things I would like to personally say, I would much rather end this post with a familiar point of view which bluntly states...
PirateFlagAnimated.gif

..."A house :flag: divided by itself, will not stand!"
I hope I don't come off as daft in making this comment. It seems to my way of thinking that ANY event which serves to inspire and reflect our interest in the game back to the makers/Disney should be appreciated and encouraged. I can only speak to my own feeling that instead of bogging down on preserve or revive, both serve to express our continued interest in the game as a whole. I guess I have not reached a point where I feel like critically approaching every effort that benefit all of us. Rather, I hope that all players join in sending our message back to Disney that we care about the game. I would be thrilled if we had enthusiastic support of this event. As Shamus say, house divided (although I think he might have heard that somewhere, lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this thread is already off-topic and this won't help, but in light of recent posts I've seen, I just wanted to say I don't harbor any ill feelings towards the Preserve POTCO movement (or the other forums).

I liked Shamus' post not because he felt the need to point out the difference but rather because I felt he did a good job explaining the 2 separate movements (which I thought was needed for clarity as per Irene's post) without bias. We're all here to help the game and it would only be counter-productive for us to work against each other.

I will admit I was put off at first by how the group came about, I don't think we would have had a problem with a third party hosting an event (I wouldn't have even mind promoting it) if they had just asked first.. but this isn't the time or place for that. Water under the bridge.

That said I can only speak for myself.

I do understand feeling a bit alienated here though. I would be happy to promote any future Preserve POTCO events and I'd like to ask everyone to treat the group with the same respect with which you should treat anyone else on the forums.

I'm gonna go ahead and close this because it's not really going anywhere.. but if anyone from Preserve wants to create a new thread for the event I will put a notice for it on the forums and do my best to be sure everyone is respectful.

Preserve organizers are free to start a convo with me if they want to discuss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back