PSA :: Youtube Removes Monetization and Other Features while Giving Little-to-No Answers

After 3 minutes I got tired of his frantic rambling..dude needs to stop & breathe...lol

he's upset and has been waiting without communication from youtube for a month -- of which he GETS feedback from them less than a week when issues like this come up.

i'd be livid too. but either way. his experience is something as a 'heads up.'

This isn't anything new. Youtube is and has always been extremely broken. It seems something devastating like this happens to one or two big Youtubers annually. I'm not surprised.

I'm not going to lie... I logged into my account for the boys' sports videos to double check everything. I dont monetize, never have and never will. I did have some idiot report a video for a song that I did not put into the video. It was a song that was playing in the background before the football game started. The HS principal was playing the song and of course, my video camera picked it up. I got punished for that. I didnt even get the chance to dispute the copyright infringement either. Pretty much as soon as I found out that someone flagged the video, it was deleted. I think it was two days between. So, I had to reedit the video and upload it again with about a minute gone from the beginning. After I uploaded that, I posted a comment in the discussion about why the channel exists and who it is there for, making a point to state that I do not make any money of these videos. Its all for the kids and their families.

I'm not going to lie... I logged into my account for the boys' sports videos to double check everything. I dont monetize, never have and never will. I did have some idiot report a video for a song that I did not put into the video. It was a song that was playing in the background before the football game started. The HS principal was playing the song and of course, my video camera picked it up. I got punished for that. I didnt even get the chance to dispute the copyright infringement either. Pretty much as soon as I found out that someone flagged the video, it was deleted. I think it was two days between. So, I had to reedit the video and upload it again with about a minute gone from the beginning. After I uploaded that, I posted a comment in the discussion about why the channel exists and who it is there for, making a point to state that I do not make any money of these videos. Its all for the kids and their families.

wow, how crazy people are. I am sure it had to be obvious that it was background music..

wow, how crazy people are. I am sure it had to be obvious that it was background music..
It was very obvious. Especially since my little bit of music I did have at the beginning in the intro covered it over until I brought the background sound up.

Its what happens when you have YouTube try to be a corporate entity and not just a simple website that happens to have an app and be a place of entertainment without getting hit in the wallet. YouTube is YouTube. They'll do as they please and they're pleased by what they do. YouTibe won't ever cease being this way and we'll... Welcome to life. The life in the Coportacracy of America.

It always happens like this. It goes public and viral and then its fixed. Nothing new. In fact it happens with many companies. Mass public concern will generally lead to a increase in demand for a fix. So they will put out a fix to prevent backlash.

Not surprised. YouTube has done a lot of things people generally disliked that they either removed completely or fixed to make it acceptable.
Examples are Google+ connections to YouTube, YouTube Red, this, new comment section, etc.

Back