Idea PVP wagers

Should this be added?

• yes, the winnings will help me reach fortune hunter 6 on my ships faster

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • no, I don't want to loose money in PVP.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • are you out of your mind? of course not.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mathias

Wanted Pirate
An interesting idea that may boost interest in PVP would be the potential to make money from it. Upon challenging another player to a skirmish, should the other accept it, another popup asks the players if they'd like to place a wager. If one person doesn't want to wager money then it will be a just for fun battle.

Currently, the only means of getting other player's money in the game is through poker.

As for abuse prevention, the money can be taken and placed in a pot until a winner is decided, but seeing how the game still has a fair bit of stability issues, the exchange of gold should happen after a winner is decided. The type of abuse I'm referring to is the "oh, I'm to lose [alt-f4]" type.

Last edited:
My concern then comes with how the currency is transferred, there are parameters I'd think they'd have to follow concerning Player's gold. Since the game is designed to have two corresponding Min-max levels, it's impossible to go above and beyond the cap of 200,000 Gold, and impossible to go below 0.

While I have a feeling that, in higher stakes versus higher levels matches, gold limits could be raised, I do think for an unfair fight to prevent abuse there should be a Gold Cap per battle, as an example..

c52446034a27bc1695b7b7fe1b7703c4.png

The GUI above can be used as a mock-up example. The level ratios will show fighting equal playing fields:
Lv. 1 - Lv. 5 (50 Gold Cap)
Lv. 6 - Lv. 10 (150 Gold Cap)
Lv. 11 - Lv. 20 (500 Gold Cap)
Lv. 21 - Lv. 30 (1000 Gold Cap)
Lv. 31 - 40 (5000 Gold Cap)
Lv. 41 - 50 (10,000 Gold Cap

Now, let's invent an algorithm for a Player facing a lower level player, in lain man's language..
Lv 39 (5000 Gold Cap) vs. Lv 7 (150 Gold Cap)

Higher level (39) will be first, and will use the x variable.
Lower level (7) will be second, and will use the y variable.
Before reducing the winning bet to 50%, the initial gold reduction is determined by how many gaps there are in levels in the PVP system (So for above, there would be a 4 wide gap including the two base variables.)

x - y*4/.50
So for the algorithm to apply here, if either player wins after both players have bet money up to the cap, the cap for a match versus these two players would equal out to..
5000 - 600*.50 = 2,200 Gold to the winner of that match.

While this system has minor complications to it, it could potentially flesh out into a working system that penalizes players who fight steep and unfair battles, whereas fighting players in their level range awards them the most gold.

Back