Question Regarding Anti-Cheat

Zayneiac

Sea Legs
Is anyone testing the anti-cheat or searching for exploits and/or ways to cheat in this game? (ethical of course)
If there is any group doing this how may i get involved? If there isn't one, can we make one?

Does TLOPO hook itself into the operating system to look for automated inputs and suchlike? That might be why some antivirus heuristics don't like the look of it.

Does TLOPO hook itself into the operating system to look for automated inputs and suchlike? That might be why some antivirus heuristics don't like the look of it.
I am in no position to answer this, my friend just suggested to check this game out because we played something similar back in the day, I dont have any knowlege about the anti-cheat YET. But yes I assume that that's how the anti_cheat works.

This person seems to be interested in anti cheat measures, but the only cheats known for this type of game were injecting (which has since been fixed) and manipulating the models of the game to have different hitboxes (since been fixed, since client does a byte check before letting the game open)

This person seems to be interested in anti cheat measures, but the only cheats known for this type of game were injecting (which has since been fixed) and manipulating the models of the game to have different hitboxes (since been fixed, since client does a byte check before letting the game open)
Have all injection methods been checked? I know for a lot of Valve Anti Cheat games they fix and detect injections, however if you inject the dll into a software like obs or discord there is ways to do a very stealth injection. Another game that this happens in is Grand Theft Auto V.

Yes they have, as for client manipulation im sure someone could take tlopo.exe to ASM level and probably get connected to game with a modified client due to huge amount of efforts, but then once ingame they will obviously be stopped by people spotting what theyre doing.

The community here is the best anti-cheat system you can ask for, the moderation team is on point, I'd know since Ive gotten banned 5 times <_<

SxwvmAx.gif

What about cheat engine?

Dude just stop, you clearly don't know how to code and aren't interested in "creating an anti cheat" for the benefit of the community, Cheat engine, will never work on a server based mmorpg. The only useful thing cheat engine could accomplish is finding values such as gold or exp, and using that with a tool like wpe pro for packet analysis, which is a moot point seeing as the developers encrypt the data, just like literally every other mmorpg out there, and seeing as they're not stupid, they probably went with something like 128 bit encryption, so have fun cracking that (you wont)

Dude just stop, you clearly don't know how to code and aren't interested in "creating an anti cheat" for the benefit of the community, Cheat engine, will never work on a server based mmorpg. The only useful thing cheat engine could accomplish is finding values such as gold or exp, and using that with a tool like wpe pro for packet analysis, which is a moot point seeing as the developers encrypt the data, just like literally every other mmorpg out there, and seeing as they're not stupid, they probably went with something like 128 bit encryption, so have fun cracking that (you wont)
I never once mentioned creating an anti cheat, only testing it. Cheat engine can be used for loads of things server based games. I.E. speedhacking, health manipulation, etc. Before you rant on about an old post please double check the things said in that post.

I never once mentioned creating an anti cheat, only testing it. Cheat engine can be used for loads of things server based games. I.E. speedhacking, health manipulation, etc. Before you rant on about an old post please double check the things said in that post.
My bad I'm tired. I'd wager you could get a speed hack to work quite easily. as for health manipulation that was patched in the original game but there are also a number of god mode glitches that still work in this rendition.

My bad I'm tired. I'd wager you could get a speed hack to work quite easily. as for health manipulation that was patched in the original game but there are also a number of god mode glitches that still work in this rendition.
It's all good. I think i may look into speedhacking.

When the game was down for extended maintenance, a member of guild started a similar thread regarding the use of Cheat Engine to accelerate the process of training. The most we could use that would actually have an impact on the game would be an autoclicker or keyboard macros. Variables are tracked by the server, so while you may be able change the amount of rep you have on your end, it will get overridden by any new information coming from the server.

We have little to worry about in terms of cheat engine use, the most I would see such software able to do would be speed tampering, but hopefully the TLOPO crew is smart enough to override any changes periodically like once a second.

Back