Discussion Recent Blog Post True Meaning (to me)

BullWhip Griffin

Wanted Pirate
This is what i got out of the recent blog post, i feel it is one big metaphor showing that we really give the tlopo team too much pressure, they already have enough pressure as it is trying to remake the game, but us telling them to "hurry up" adds even more pressure. Of course this might not be what they meant, this is what i feel they meant. It makes perfect sense to me because all of this is actually true... I know the devs spend at least 10 hours a day on this (most of them) so we really gotta give them the respect they deserve. I want the game back too but we got to realize they are working as hard as they can...

Quote: ""We shipwrights work tirelessly night and day to provide ye buccaneers with the finest ships in the Caribbean,""
Translation: "we "devs" work tirelessly night and day to provide you buccaneers with the "best game"
Quote: ""We spend all of our time crafting these ships, and the minute ye get even the tiniest scratch, we’re expected to fix it. How about ye consider me feelings for once? A thank ye would go a long way…""
Translation: "we spend all our time "making this game", and the minute you "crash" we are expected to fix it"
Quote: ""They think our job be easy... but have ye ever tried to build a galleon yerself?""
Translation: "they think our job be easy... but have you ever tried "making a game yourself"

Appreciate all the hard work coming in from the devs to bring us TLOPO. I have the utmost respect to any member of the team working hard on the game.

That being said, and commenting on your post, that occurred to me as well, but any hint of it seemed shrugged off with the last paragraph.

sidenote : Ships are great and nostalgic. I'm very glad they were prioritized.

Back